full-address.php template file?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO full-address.php template file?

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Craig.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Hi there,

My full address field isn’t formatting well on my site anymore. Looking through the documentation, it appears it’s supposed to use

views/full-address.php

according to src/functions/template-tags/venue.php.

But this file doesn’t exist anymore…or I can’t find it at least.

Can you advise on if I’m just going blind or if this has been deleted in recent versions? I’m using 4.2.5 for Pro and 4.2.6 for TEC.

Thanks,
    Craig

Cliff

Hi, Craig. It looks like you’re still on a quite-old version of our plugins.

Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

Then, please re-share your System Information along with an annotated screenshot and/or link to see exactly what information you’re trying to customize so I can best advise.

Thanks.

Craig
    Participant

Hi again,

I have updated everything and I see the same issue. I was eventually able to work around the issue with a bit of searching around, but it seems it’s something that should be taken care of through documentation or otherwise as this took me at least an hour to work through.

In template-tags/venue.php, the following exists:

/**
    * Full Address
    * Returns the full address for the venue. Function uses the views/full-address.php template which you can override in your theme (including google microformats etc).
    * @param int $postId Can supply either event id or venue id, if none specified, current post is used
    * @param bool $includeVenueName
    * @return string Formatted event address
    */
    function tribe_get_full_address( $postId = null, $includeVenueName = false ) {
    $postId = tribe_get_venue_id( $postId );
    $tec = Tribe__Events__Main::instance();

return apply_filters( ‘tribe_get_full_address’, $tec->fullAddress( $postId, $includeVenueName ) );
    }

You’ll notice in the comments it says the “uses the views/full-address.php template”. From what I can tell, this is nowhere to be found anymore and view/modules/address.php is used instead.

I see the schema information is still appearing on the page for the location, so that is good. Maybe just a note to change the comment in this file so others aren’t searching around for the same thing later.

Cliff

Thanks for these details, Craig.

I’ve asked our developers to make the changes to these files, replacing full-address with address:

• /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php
    • /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/functions/template-tags/venue.php

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘full-address.php template file?’ is closed to new replies.