Front end tickets not reflecting back end

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Front end tickets not reflecting back end

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brett
    Participant

Hello 🙂

I am again having an issue which I had in the past, and I have tried disabling all plugins apart from the events calendar, and even disabled the changes made in the child theme and still no result.

The list view is showing that my events are sold out, yet on the events page, there are still a large amount of spaces left.

The backend is also correct in saying there are multiple spaces left, just not the front end which is pretty vital.

Any idea why this may be happening? This hasn’t always been the case and it doesn’t happen for all of the events, only a few.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for reaching out again!

I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue again.  Would you mind sharing a screenshot about how these events are set up on the backend, as well as a link to the specific events where you are seeing the issue?

Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brett
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Brett,

Thanks for providing me with that information.  So it looks like there should be 12 tickets available, correct?  It looks like your attendees tab is showing 8 available, which is why it is saying that no more tickets are available.

One thing you can do is to alter the total_sales custom field on the WooCommerce Product page that is associated with the ticket that you are trying to edit.  You can change that number to reflect the actual number of attendees that you have, which will then change what you see in your Attendees tab.

You can also alter the ticket stock on the Edit Event page, where you edit your ticket.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brett
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Sorry not quite…

So there are 12 tickets available overall, 8 have booked and so there are 4 spaces left so the back end screenshots are correct. Unfortunately the front end is saying ‘fully booked’ when there are 4 spaces left!

I have adjusted the ticket stock, which is one of the back end screen shots. 🙁

Hi Brett,

I was referring to the screenshot of the Attendees Tab that says: 8 Going, 0 Remaining.  Can you take a screenshot of the ticket in the Edit Event page?

It seems that there are 4 attendees missing somewhere.  Did anyone cancel for this event, or were attendees deleted?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brett
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

My apologies, yes that’s odd! So, no there was only 1 attendee deleted from this event as they phoned up to cancel, and I haven’t made it possible for them to cancel their own spaces.

Yes of course, I’ve attached the screenshot of the ‘Edit Event’ section. It says there are 12 spaces but 0 available…

Hi Brett,

Okay let’s check a few things:

• Can you go to Edit Ticket (click on pencil on right in screenshot) and see what it says there
    • If you go to the WooCommerce product page for that ticket, what do you see under the total_sales meta box?
    • On WooCommerce product page, under Inventory, do you have “Manage Stock?” enabled?
    • You mentioned this only happens for some RSVPs, any pattern there?  Cancelled orders, etc.?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brett
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Okay! I tried your suggestions and learned as followed:

• Can you go to Edit Ticket (click on pencil on right in screenshot) and see what it says there

Unfortunately, this shows me the exact same without clicking on the pencil icon, problem still persists.

• If you go to the WooCommerce product page for that ticket, what do you see under the total_sales meta box?
    • On WooCommerce product page, under Inventory, do you have “Manage Stock?” enabled?

As the problem is happening on RSVP tickets, it doesn’t show up on the WooCommerce products page.

BUT…

• You mentioned this only happens for some RSVPs, any pattern there? Cancelled orders, etc.?

Yes! There does seem to be a pattern in all of the ones affected.

It appears that whenever an attendee is deleted, the front end will show ‘fully booked’ regardless of how many there were. It doesn’t show for any of the courses where attendees haven’t been deleted.

Thank you.

Brett

Hi Brett,

Okay, it sounds like we are getting somewhere!  I tried to replicate this on my test site, but I’m still seeing expected behavior.

In that case, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brett
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Okay however I have tried renaming my child theme (essentially disabling it) and disabling all of the active plugins on the website and was still faced with the error…

What I will do is try this one more time but ensure I am deactivating everything correctly. I fear reverting my theme to Twenty-Sixteen as last time I tried this, I practically broke the website and needed to restore a backup however, if I need to, I’ll try that again and let you know how successful I am.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update!  Let me know how that all goes!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Front end tickets not reflecting back end’ is closed to new replies.