front end event creation and countdown timer

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions front end event creation and countdown timer

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sean

Hello –

My use case is that I (the admin) do not need to create events. Nor do I really need an event calendar.

However, I have users that will create a one-time event, and invite other people to upload content for that event.

All of these users (logged in) will need to see the event details and also an event countdown time.

The countdown timer would be initiated by the event organizer.

Does your plugin allow the front end access needed to accomplish the above (I don’t want the user to have any access to the backend).

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Sean!

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your questions.

Using our Community Events plugin, you can allow users to create events from the front end, and also lets you limit if they can edit or remove their events, or have access to the dashboard.

While we do have a countdown widget, your users would not be able to add this to a page from the front end. Only a site admin can edit sidebar widgets by default.

Hope that helps! Let me know if have any further questions about this.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘front end event creation and countdown timer’ is closed to new replies.