Formatting on Event pages is not consistent

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Formatting on Event pages is not consistent

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    David Sabella
    Participant

I have created two events in the calendar.

The first I created from the dashboard of my site: http://cabaret.toscawebdesign.com/event/kathryne-langford-for-what-its-worth/ and as you can see, the padding on the left and right of the content box is minimal (perhaps 10px?).

The second I created a community event by filling out the form at …/events/community/add: http://cabaret.toscawebdesign.com/event/test-event/ and you will notice that the padding is significantly larger on the right and left making all the content (especially the ads) appear smaller.

How can I ensure that the formatting of all event pages is the same?

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out!

The events that are created on the backend and from the Community Events form are ultimately the same – the frontend form just allows users to be able to submit events without having access to the back end of the site. So, the two should be styled the same way.

I took a look at the pages you linked to, and it looks like the first page has an additional body class  – et_pb_pagebuilder_layout, coming from Divi – that is resulting in a different padding (see screenshot of that page vs screenshot of the other page). Did you possibly use the page builder on the event you created from the back end?

I would first recommend adjusting the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and “Events template” settings under Events > Settings > Display. These affect how much events pages inherit their styling from the theme.

If that doesn’t work, then you may need to add some custom CSS. I would recommend the following:

.single-tribe_events .et_pb_pagebuilder_layout .page .post-wrap {
    padding: 40px 60px;
    }

We are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for CSS customizations and integrations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to try to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

David Sabella
    Participant

Thank you, Jennifer. I’m not sure what happened with that first event. So I deleted it and re-entered it and the formatting seems consistent. But now there is a new problem.

On the single event pages, the links at the bottom of the post to the previous and next event, are not working. When I hover over them, I do see the target of the link in my browser but when I click on the link, it will not go to that page. Can you check that out? A sample page is: http://cabaret.toscawebdesign.com/event/kathryne-langford-for-what-its-worth-2/.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

I’m glad that the styling seems to be alright now! I took a look at the page you linked to and see what you mean – I tested this out locally but was not able to recreate this issue. Can you try running through the steps outlined here to check for any conflicts that might be occurring with your theme or another plugin? The free Health Check plugin can help speed up this process. Can you also share your full system info with me?

Thanks,

Jennifer

David Sabella
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Sabella
    Participant

I don’t know if you have been working on this on the backend but it seems that this issue has been fixed.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Awesome! It’s possible that there was something cached that has since been cleared or a setting somewhere that was changed, but regardless, I’m glad to hear that this is working now! I know how frustrating it can be when themes and plugins don’t get along.

If you run into any further issues, please don’t hesitate to open up a new thread.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Formatting on Event pages is not consistent’ is closed to new replies.