Format Front-end User Login Section

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Format Front-end User Login Section

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    mindaji
    Participant

I would like to modify the format of the front-end login section when viewing or adding new events. I opened “event-list.php” and found no section indicating the user login username and password. Could you let me know where to find the section to modify?

Minda

mindaji
    Participant

Well, I have not received any response to this issue. Could anyone help resolve this issue?

Geoff B.

Good evening Minda and welcome back!

First off, I would like to apologize for the delay answering.
    We are currently experiencing a higher level of requests than usual.

Please rest assured that we are working hard at correcting this situation.
    We appreciate your patience while we try to normalize things.

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To style the front-end you cannot truly use a normal template override (as you would for other views). This is because the front-end login is handled by wp_router.

Many of our customers simply use a plugin such as theme my login (which overrides wp_router). This has the added benefit of providing a ton more control over your user experience as well.

Check it out here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/theme-my-login/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    I thought I would never receive any response anymore. I really appreciate your reply!

I would give it a try to see if the plug-in will help me style the logon page.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    I have tested the “Theme My Login” (In fact, we have used other similar plugins too) . The issue is with use of “Community Events”. When a user starts to add or edit an event without login first (URL: /events/community/list) he is prompted with the default login screen that does not look good at all. Theme My Login is good to use. However, we cannot find a way to replace the default login with Theme My Login instead in the situation. Could you let us know how to resolve this problem then?

Geoff B.

Good evening Minda,

Thanking you for taking the time to write back.

The issue you are describing with Theme my login is actually pretty easy to solve.
    All you need to do is to head over to Events -> Settings -> Community and look for the Redirect URL setting. Just add Theme my login’s login page URL and you should be good to go.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    This sounds like an easy solution.

We are building a site in Chinese, and would like to test all your plugins thoroughly.

Thanks for your tips! We will try it today!

Minda

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    I have just tested the URL setting. It does not work if a user uses to manage his own events without login first(http://events365.test/events/community/list). As desired, he should be redirected the login page(our page with shortcode [theme-my-login] in it) for login.

Any updates for the solution?

Minda

Geoff B.

Good evening Minda,

This is actually totally my bad.

You could apply the snippet found on this page (the second one) in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/redirect-to-custom-login/

But first to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:
    Thanks for your answer! I will try it…

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Minda,

I tested this personally, so I am pretty confident it will work as intended.
    With that in mind, just make sure that the slug in the snippet matches your Theme my login login page.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

mindaji
    Participant

Hi, Geoff:

Thanks! I trust it will work.

Are you guys located in UK?

Geoff B.

Good morning Minda,

No, we are actually located all around the world (North America, Central America, South America, Europe and Asia).
    With that in mind, we do not have somebody in the UK at this point 🙂

Have a great day!
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Format Front-end User Login Section’ is closed to new replies.