Form not displaying properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Form not displaying properly

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by yvrmark.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yvrmark
    Participant

Hello, I have noticed that our submit event page is no longer displaying properly. This must have happened after the latest update as it was working fine before. The site sidebar is now displaying over top the form which makes it all but impossible to submit an event. I have tried various browsers and they are all having the same issue.

https://www.vancouverpresents.com/events/community/add

yvrmark
    Participant

I think all I need to understand is how to turn off the sidebars on this page so that the form is the only thing displayed.

Courtney

Hi Mark,

Can you do a Conflict Test by deactivating all other plugins to see if the issue persists? After that, does the issue persist when using a default theme (like Twenty Seventeen).

Finally, if neither of those work, could you try going to Events » Settings » Display. Try to adjust the Default stylesheet used for events templates and Events template.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Courtney 🙂

yvrmark
    Participant

Thanks. The form displays properly if I use the default events template. Problem is it removes the sidebar from the events calendar as well. This was not the problem as the sidebar was only an issue with the community events. What I’d really like is the ability to turn off the sidebar for only the community events form screen. Is that possible?

Courtney

Hi Mark,

Modifying the sidebars can be done from Events » Settings » Display » Events template.  However, this will also impact the Events calendar, as you discovered.

The only other way to modify this would be overriding your theme’s files. You might want to contact your theme developer’s support.

There is no file in the Community Events plugin that generates the Add Event Form page.  As such, we don’t have a better way to override this.  Your theme developer should be able to assist you with narrowing down how to remove the sidebar on just this page though.

I wish I had a better answer to offer.  Do let me know how this goes.

Thanks,
    Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Form not displaying properly’ is closed to new replies.