Form fields missing on Submission Form

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Form fields missing on Submission Form

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jussibr
    Participant

HI there,

I have been using Community Events for years. with the same theme – Newspaper, without any issues. However after the latest update my submission form no longer shows the venue fields, Categories, Organizer etc.. I have tried selecting a different template from the settings page and choosing the default events page fixes the problem – but it also breaks my theme on the pages that the events calendar is displayed on (event lists, submission form etc..) and does not allow me to display my sidebar – so I do need to use my themes basic page.

I have also tried creating a new default-template.php page and putting it into my theme folder within tribe-events but have not had any luck. I am reaching out for some help after two frustrating days of trying to solve this issue. Screenshot attached. Hoping you can help!

Thank you.

jussibr
    Participant

Hi there – still waiting for some help. I wanted to add that I have been playing around with the default-template.php file and when I remove the from my template the venue, category fields etc do reappear. So this may be a clue to the problem?

I do NEED the sidebar to appear on my main events calendar views – so it’s not a solution. However I have ALWAYS wanted to use full page for the Community Events pages (form and my events) – I just have never figured out how to do it. So if that could be a solution instead I would be thrilled.

Hope someone can answer my question soon?

Thank you

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Justine!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with the Community Events plugin. I will try to help you get it sorted.

As to the fields not showing up on your Community Events submission page: it sounds like there might be some javascript errors on that page preventing the form from resolving properly. I would like to take a look and see what the errors are, but I am unable to access your site. I just get a “504” error. Is the site available to view under a domain different than childslife.ca?

To determine the source of the errors, can you go through our testing for conflicts guide and see if it is being caused by your theme or one of your other plugins?

Lastly, regarding the templates. “Default Page Template” will use the default page template from your theme as the shell that the Events Calendar code gets inserted into. If you want to modify this to remove your sidebar, you can copy “page.php”from your theme, rename it, add the custom template comment at the top, and then modify as desired. This would go in the root of your theme, and not the “tribe-events” folder. You can read more about creating custom WordPress templates here: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/page-template-files/

Please let me know if there’s anyway to view your site, and if switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disabling other plugins has any effect on the problem.

Thanks,
    Sky

jussibr
    Participant

Hi there – My hosting provider is restoring my site right now. Had a little issue upgrading to the latest version of wordpress. Should be back in a few minutes.

Regarding the customizing templates – I would only want to remove the sidebar – use a fullwidth template – for the community events pages – not all of the event calendar.

jussibr
    Participant

Hi again – Just wondering if you had a chance to have a look at the site now? Thanks!

Sky
    Keymaster

Justine,

I was able to take a look at your site. There are a few errors in the console on that page, but they are related to loading resources from a non-https address. I’m not sure if this would be enough to break the ajax that loads the form fields or not.

Before we proceed troubleshooting that, can you please try the steps outlined in our testing for conflicts guide to see if the form works properly with the Twenty Seventeen theme and all non Events Calendar plugins disabled? If you do not have a staging site for testing, you can enable a maintenance plugin for a few minutes while you test.

Regarding your question about templates: You could wrap the code in your template that outputs the sidebar with a conditional statement to determine whether it displays or not. The two conditionals that you need for this particular instance are tribe_is_community_edit_event_page() and tribe_is_community_my_events_page().

So, you could do something like this:

Let me know how it goes with the conflict testing, and if you have any other questions about the templates.

Thanks,
    Sky

jussibr
    Participant

HI Sky,

I added the code to a copy of my page.php template in the root of my child folder and it has brought the fields in question back. The Sidebar seems to have been the conflict – it an issue with my theme but strange because I have been using your lug-in and the same theme for years. I suppose it is the theme version or TEC version or both!

I don’t mind using this solution – however is there a way I can also have the form and the My Events List show without sidebars (done!) AND be full width? The My Events List is always so squished with the right hand sidebar there.

Thanks
    Justine

jussibr
    Participant

This reply is private.

jussibr
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sky
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

jussibr
    Participant

HI there – if I change “td-pb-span8” to “td-pb-span12” on this page.php that is in my child theme folder would that not apply this change to all pages on my site? Can I not do this somehow just for the community events form and My events list pages?

Sky
    Keymaster

Justine,

You can copy page.php into your child theme folder, rename from page.php to your-template-name.php, and add the following at the top of the file, replacing the template name with your custom template name:

Make your edits to this file.

Then, navigate to the Events > Display > “Events template setting” and choose this custom template from the dropdown.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Sky

jussibr
    Participant

Will that not also remove the sidebar from my events calender list pages? I have advertising on those pages so need the sidebar. It is just the Community pages: Submit form & My Events lists I would like to have full page – no sidebar.

Thanks 🙂

Sky
    Keymaster

Justine,

In that case, you can use the same conditionals I posted above to determine which classes to add to the markup.

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Form fields missing on Submission Form’ is closed to new replies.