Force users to type in organizer and venues every time and other questions.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Force users to type in organizer and venues every time and other questions.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Karen Newman
    Participant

Is there a way to always show the input fields for venue and organizer and not show the select list at all?

I’m also having an issue with required fields not working. I followed the instructions on this page, but it’s not working. Also, if the only validation server side? There is not client side validation happening.

Can the image size (dimensions) be restricted?

Can event categories show as check boxes instead of a select list?

Karen Newman
    Participant

I know a lot of people need help, but I’m in a bit of a crunch here. I need to have this site live on Sunday and I know Tribe doesn’t work on the weekends.

Karen Newman
    Participant

Updated:
    I was able to only show the input fields for venues and organizers.
    Got required fields working.

Still wondering about these two:
    Can the image size (dimensions) be restricted?
    Can event categories show as check boxes instead of a select list?

And, is there any front end validation for the community form?

Cliff

Hi, Karen.

I think https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/hide-others-organizers-and-venues-in-community-events/ might be useful for you instead of changing the Organizer and Venue fields to regular text entries.

The image is restricted by wp_max_upload_size(), which you can see in the code inside /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/image.php

I’d recommend referencing our Themer’s Guide for /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/taxonomy.php

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/ documents what is available (just server-side PHP validation). You could request front-end validation as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page. This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can. If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

Please let me know how these things go for you and how I might be of further assistance to you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Force users to type in organizer and venues every time and other questions.’ is closed to new replies.