Force to login or register before making av event.

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Force to login or register before making av event.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant

Hello.
    Our site is built up around Your plugins, great work! I am having an issue witch i can’t resolve.

When People adds an event to the site I want them to register or login BEFORE they come to the Event submit form.

A user who isn’t a registered user will now land on the Submit an event page, fill out the form and submit it. After that they will get a massage to login and they get confused and sends us mails or give up the whole event submit.

I want them to be sent directly to the Register a new user or Login site when they hit Submit an event button.

I ‘we done some research and can’t find much help on the subject, only this guide in Your knowledgebase https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-community-events-submissions/

This guide doesn’t seem to help because everyone lands directly on the Ad an event site (Legg til arrangement)
    At the site the submit button is in the upper right corner called “Legg til et arrangement” (add an event)

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there!

In Events > Settings > Community, there is a checkbox for “Allow anonymous submissions”

Keeping this unchecked will require users to log in before seeing the form and creating an event.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Tom
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. This Box is and has been unchecked. Still anonymous users gets directly sent to the event form and then asked to log inn when they submit the form. It is a real headache. Do you have any other suggestions?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for the additional information. Testing this locally, it is working as it should. When I visit the add event page on your site, I do see the form without being logged in. However, visiting the “list events” page on your site, I see the login form that should be showing on the “add events” page. This is strange, because this behavior is controlled by the same setting for both pages.

Are you using any custom Events templates that override the plugin defaults? What happens if you temporarily switch to the Twenty Seventeen theme and disable all other plugins? Does this still happen?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Force to login or register before making av event.’ is closed to new replies.