Follow up on "WPML and Category Pages"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Follow up on "WPML and Category Pages"

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Frederic
    Participant

Greetings,

I started a thread with Geoff B about Category pages returning a white page as soon as WPML is activated.

Frederic
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Frederic,

Thank you for following up.

As a side note, we can continue this conversation in French if you prefer.

I believe this might be a conflict with the X theme specifically.

Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

Secondly, could you tell me what is your setting under Events -> Settings -> Display for “Events Template” ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Frederic
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Frederic,

Thank you for the files.
    This allowed me to run some tests on my install.

That being said, I was not successful in reproducing your issue.

Would you mind telling me:

1. If you are talking about event Categories or post Categories ?
    2. Which version of WPML, string translation and of translation management you are using ?
    3. Which translation method you are using (?lang=, directory based or domain based) ?
    4. If you went through the following instructions: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/setting-up-the-events-calendar-with-wpml/

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Frederic
    Participant
        I’m talking about event categories. I created event categories like “News”, “Shows” and “Daily promotions”.
        The version for WPML Multilingual CMS is 3.5.1.1, WPML String Translation is 2.4.1.1 and WPML Translation Management is 2.2.2.
        I would like to use the directory based method, but I have the same problem with the ?lang= method.
        Yes I did follow the instructions you mentionned.

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Frederic,

Thank you for your answers.
    With your child theme on a comparable install, I was unfortunately not able to reproduce the issue.

As a side note, we are close to releasing a significant update in the way we offer WPML support, hopefully later this month if all goes well.

That being said, there are still a couple of things we can try in the meantime:

1. Can you check in WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Setup to see if you are using a translation for the “category” slug ? If so, temporarily, please don’t translate that slug. There is a known bug with this at the moment. Re-save your permalinks after.
    2. If that does not work:
      1. Make a DB Backup
      2. Head over to WPML > Support and click on Troubleshooting page
      3. Go through the different buttons from the top down and check at each step if that helps

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Frederic
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Frederic.
    Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Frederic
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-3-2-event-tickets-4-3-2-premium-plugins/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Follow up on "WPML and Category Pages"’ is closed to new replies.