Filter Bar Times Out

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter Bar Times Out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hi there,

We’re experiencing a similar issue to: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-times-out-2/ using the latest versions of the plugins. I reverted to TEC 4.6.17 and ECP 4.4.25 and this fixes the issue. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that it’s still an issue in the latest versions so you can hopefully get it fixed.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Jonah!

Thanks for reaching out! The ticket for the issue reported in the post you linked to has been marked complete, meaning the fix has been pushed out. This was about 3 weeks ago.

Have you tried this with the latest versions of the plugins?

TEC is at 4.6.18
    TEC Pro is at 4.4.27

If you are still experiencing the issue with the latest versions, can you try changing the field type to dropdowns and verify that it works with that configuration, but not the checkboxes? Also, make sure to clear any caches, both on your site and in your browser.

Thanks,
    Sky

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hey Sky,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, as I noted in my post we’re “using the latest versions of the plugins” – TEC at 4.6.18 and TEC Pro at 4.4.27. I tried changing the checkboxes to radio buttons and that didn’t work, and made sure to clear caches.

Let me know what else we can do.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for clarifying that for me. Can you provide some more details about exactly what you are experiencing? I took a look at the calendar on your site, and I am able to use the filterbar and navigate from month to month without any issues.

Please let me know:
    * The URL of where the issue is occurring
    * The steps you are taking
    * The expected outcome
    * The actual outcome

Thanks!
    Sky

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hi Sky,

Yes, I reverted to the previous versions mentioned above to bypass the issue, but it is a problem using the latest versions of the plugin as I’ve stated. If you test this using the latest versions of the plugin I’m sure you’ll see the same thing. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Jonah,

It would really help me to troubleshoot if you could describe your problem.

All I can gather from the thread you linked to is that there was a problem with the filterbar when using certain types of controls. I have the latest versions of the plugins, and I cannot replicate any issues with it.

So, if you please let me know:
    * The steps you are taking
    * The expected outcome
    * The actual outcome

Thanks,
    Sky

Claire Lanyado
    Participant

Hey Sky,

Sure. So with the latest versions of the plugins installed, and using the filters addon, we have a checkbox filter option for Event Leader on this page: https://thomashuebl.com/calendar/ – currently it’s working ok though since I reverted to the previous versions of the core plugins. The issue is is when filtering via the checkbox, the filter Ajax times out and I see this error in the dev inspector console:

TEC Debug: tribe_ev.fn.setup_ajax_timer fired with a timeout of \"500\" ms

And the events show “no events found” even though there are events that match the filter selection.

I tried a number of things to troubleshoot this, double checking events with the filter were set, checking the filter settings were correct and comparing to others that worked, and the only thing that fixed this was reverting to the previous versions of the plugins.

To test this yourself, you could add a checkbox filter, assign the values to a couple events, and then attempt to filter. I would expect it to output the same error.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for the additional information. I did just test this, and things are working without issue on my end.

I would recommend going through the steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts guide to make sure the issue is not being caused by your theme or one of your plugins.

Do you have a staging site? I would like to see this happening with the Twenty Seventeen theme enabled and all other plugins disabled. If you do not have a staging site, you could use the WP Staging plugin to quickly generate one. If you do go this route, please enable the generated site to be visible without being logged in in the plugin settings.

If you could share the staging URL with me, I’ll take a look. Can you also share your full system information with me?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar Times Out’ is closed to new replies.