Filter bar not complete after update

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar not complete after update

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    flamencoagenda
    Participant

Hello there,

I updated the plugin yesterday and now the filter bar is not showing (or not the whole thing). There should be 2 categories shown: ‘live flamenco’ and ‘workshops.
    You can see the current situation here: http://www.flamencoagenda.nl/events/categorie/workshop/?tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list

Hope you can help me, as the filter bar is an important part of my agenda website.

Thank you,
    Ginette Lavell http://www.flamencoagenda.nl

Nico

Hi Ginette,

Thanks for reaching out to us, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing πŸ™

From what I see in the URL you share this is only happening whit category URL, right? I’ve unsuccessfully tried to reproduce this on my end, so let’s try the following:

• Clear all caches: I see you have W3 Total Cache active in your site, can you please flash all caches or deactivate the plugin and re-test this?
    • Testing for conflicts: Can you please follow the steps described in our Testing for conflicts guide? This way we can see if this is a problem in our plugin or a conflict with the theme or other installed plugins.
    • System information: Please share your system information with me, so I can check if everything looks fine on that end.

Please let me know if any of the suggested steps help you out with this,
    Best,
    Nico

flamencoagenda
    Participant

Hello Nico,

Thanks for your reply.
    – I tested for conflicts, but the problem still occurs with all the other plugins switched off and also in the other theme as suggested in the Testing for conflicts guide.
    – You say you cannot reproduce the problem. The problem in short: the filter bar is not showing the categories, so you cannot use the filter bar. Normally, when you are at ‘Live flamenco’ you can check the ‘workshops’ box and have all events shown. (vice versa).
    – I work on a pc (Windows 8.1) in Firefox and IE (latest releases_. Is that enough system information?
    – As I said, the problem started after updating to the latest Events Calender release. One more thing that I noticed is the warning in my Dashboard saying that “The page “Live flamenco” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.” I ignored this warning because it is exactly what I want: at the Live Flamenco page I only want the calender with live flamenco events showm. (And at the ‘workshops’ page the same). That does work, it is only the filter bar that is not showing.

Hope you can help me!

Thanks,
    Ginette

Nico

Hi Ginnette,

Thanks for following-up on this and also for testing for conflicts.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough on this: I can reproduce the problem in your site, but cannot reproduce it in my local WP site. If I’m able to reproduce this I can confirm it’s a bug or if it’s possible find a work around this.

Regarding the system information, please check this link: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ – it actually refers to the WordPress site information and not your local set-up. And while the notice, as you say, is not relevant in your case, can you try to un-publish the page with the ‘events’ slug and re-test this? Also do you have that page in place for any specific reason?

Thanks,
    Nico

flamencoagenda
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi Ginette,

Thanks for following-up with your system information! Replicating the site conditions I was able to reproduce this issue locally.

I’ve just logged this bug in our product backlog. Apparently it relates to sites with non English language (that’s why I wasn’t able to reproduce this) as they change the ‘Event Category’ slug. In your case the slug is changing from ‘category’ to ‘categorie’ and that is breaking the filters πŸ™

A temporary workaround would be to change the links to ‘http://www.flamencoagenda.nl/events/category/live-flamenco/’ and ‘http://www.flamencoagenda.nl/events/category/workshop/’. That should get the filters back. Another option is to downgrade the plugins to a past version where this was working as expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might cause until fixed. While I don’t have a specific date for this I’m mostly sure it will be included in the upcoming release that will be out in November.

Please let me know if you think any of the provided workaround might help you out for now,
    Best,
    Nico

Geoff

Hey there! Just a heads up that Filter BarΒ 3.12.1 shipped just minutes ago and included a fix for the issue you reported here. Please do check it out and make the update!

Thanks for your support. πŸ™‚

Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar not complete after update’ is closed to new replies.