Filter bar: not all venues are displaying (again)

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Filter bar: not all venues are displaying (again)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Agnes
    Participant

Hello!

I have experienced this problem in the past and posted about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/filter-bar-not-all-venues-are-displaying/#post-1209864.

The problem corrected itself, but has returned. I’m not seeing the last few venues (alphabetically) in our filter. Help?

Thank you,
    Agnes

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Agnes,

Welcome back and thanks for getting in touch! Sorry that the issue reappeared.

I checked your site and the filter bar listed 200 venues for January. 🙂 Impressive.

In the other thread you mentioned that you use wp rocket and you still had the issue after clearing the cache.

Have you tried switching off wp rocket completely and check what that does?

Do you possibly have a staging or test site where you could run some tests? It would be great if you could do a conflict test, but I understand that that’s difficult on a live site.

Looking at your system information (in the other thread). I guess it’s a bit outdated, but if you haven’t updated to the latest versions of our plugins, please do so.

Will be waiting for your answer and results so we can solve this for ya.

Cheers,
    Andras

Agnes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Agnes,

Thanks for sharing your sysinfo. I’m a bit clueless why this could be happening. I need to pull in an extra set of eyes to take a look at this. I ask for a bit of patience.

Regarding caching plugins, we don’t have one specific plugin that we recommend. Most of them do a good job in general. Maybe this article will help you a bit: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/caching-basics/

Please hang in there, we’ll be in touch shortly.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Agnes,

Got a team member take a look at this.

As it seems filterbar is done in a way that it limits filters at 200 options. If you have more venues, then the end will be cut off.

There’s a fix for this. Paste the following snippet into your child theme’s functions.php file:

/* Tribe, set new limit to 500 venues in filterbar */
    function tribe_fb_change_venue_limit ( $limit, $venue_ids ) {
    return 500;
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_eventsfilter_bar_venues_limit', 'tribe_fb_change_venue_limit', 10, 2 );

If you are fine with a lower number than 500, then you can change that if you want.

Test it and let me know if that fixes it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Agnes
    Participant

YAY! It worked! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Agnes
    Participant

One more thing though, related to caching. I’ve tried a few caching plugins
    and none of them seem to work. I have WP Rocket installed now, and it was
    working for awhile, but I had to remove caching from the events pages
    (where we REALLY need caching since we have over 200 events displaying for
    the month view) because it just won’t load. Just a white screen. What up
    with that? Either we have incredibly slow loading and our audience
    navigates away because of slow loading times, or we have no calendar. There
    must be a way around this. Or I’m doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Agnes,

I’m happy to see the filterbar issue got solved. 🙂

I understand how frustrating a slow loading site is. (I also have a site like that and is killing me.) This is a difficult issue as obviously the more content (events) you have on your site, the more WordPress and the database need to work, so it will take longer.

What were the issues that you were experiencing with WP Rocket?

Unfortunately I can only give you some suggestions here:

Does any of this help?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter bar: not all venues are displaying (again)’ is closed to new replies.