Filter Bar – Linked filters

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Filter Bar – Linked filters

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Simon Plante

Hi!,

As the combination of Events Calendar PRO + Events Tickets Plus seems to be doing exactly what we need, we’d be interested in using your plugins on a client site.

The site we’ll be building requires some in-depth filtering of the event list, and it also seems that Filter Bar could help us in that regard.

However, this site requires the filters to be “linked” (for example, selecting a category would refresh the other filters so they only display the “relevant” filter values that would return results and hide those that would return an empty list). I couldn’t spot this behavior in the demos at http://wpshindig.com/, nor could I find in the docs any setting that could seem to do that .

Can your plugin do this?
    If not, do you think it could be viable/simple enough to extend on FilterBar to implement this kind of behavior?

Thanks!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

Unfortunately that isn’t something that Filter Bar is capable of by default, however you may be able to make this customization work on your own.

I’d recommend starting off by taking a look at our Themer’s Guide, which can show you which templates can be edited and copied in order to achieve the results that you are looking for.

If this functionality is a requirement for your intended project, Iā€™d suggest that a third-party developer would be the best way to make this feature happen on a short timeline. ? We maintain a list of developers who work with our plugins on our Knowledgebase here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Simon Plante

Hi Jaime!

Thanks for your answer.

We actually are the “third-party developers” involved in this project šŸ˜›
    Do you have any pointers on where we could hook in order to make it happen?

It is kinda hard for us tu evaluate without having the plugins on hand, but our client (understandly) doesn’t want to buy them if it cannot be done, so we try to investigate the matter the best we can before taking action.

Thanks!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Ah gotcha, I understand.

The best place to look would be the code itself, as well as our Functions Archive, which lists all available functions.

https://theeventscalendar.com/functions/

We have a great 30-day full refund policy, so if things really don’t work out the way you’d hoped, you can get a full refund.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Filter Bar – Linked filters’ is closed to new replies.