Fee's

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie
    Participant

Hi
    I am using Community Events and have a need to change the fee based on user submitting the event and/or based on the type of event submitted.

A Question posed by a user “several levels of commission that ranges from 0% – 20% – 40%, capability to change the % fee based on the type of course being presented or based on the presenter?””

Thank you for your help.

Geoff B.

Good evening Stephanie and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I am using Community Events and have a need to change the fee based on user submitting the event and/or based on the type of event submitted.

Just to set expectations, as you might know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our customers started on the right track and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

This is a very interesting feature and I can see how this could be useful to some of our users.
    I am confident this could be accomplished, however, it would require considerable customizations.

You could:

1. Tackle the customization yourself using our Themer’s guide as a starting point
    2. Hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Finally, you could suggest and vote for that idea as a feature in our User Voice Forum: https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Stephanie
    Participant

Ok, thank you for that.

I am trying to determine if there is a work around I could utilize.

Currently the fee is set at 40%, work around ideas for those that have a 20% fee.

1st workaround idea:
    – a 20% coupon code only to be used on the event processed at WooCommerce Checkout. Is this possible? How does the WooCommerce checkout work? Would the 20% be taken off the our 40% fee or would it be taken off the entire amount and the 40% would be applied to the discounted coupon code rate?

2nd workaround idea:
    – We use AffiliateWP, I could create an affiliate link with their community event and set the affiliate rate to 20% and that way Community Events will take 40% but they will get 20% back when the Affiliate payout is run.

Thank you for your help.

Geoff B.

Good evening Stephanie,

These are great ideas for workarounds. Kudos on that! Very creative.

a 20% coupon code only to be used on the event processed at WooCommerce Checkout. Is this possible?

Yes, this is totally possible.

As you might guess, WooCommerce support is slightly out of what we can fully counsel you on, but you will probably be interested in reading the following article to get a sense of how that works: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/coupon-management/

As you’ll see, coupons can be setup pretty much anyway you like them.

Once you get familiar with that, you can even put the discounts directly in URLs should you want to: https://www.woothemes.com/products/url-coupons/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Fee's’ is closed to new replies.