Featured image in events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Featured image in events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    desical
    Participant

Hi
    We are using iCAL importer to import events from subsite to master domain. Since iCAL does not import Featured images or event images, we trying to figure out how we can sync featured images after the import finishes.
    I will appreciate if you can recommend any solution or provide how and where featured images/event images are stored in mysql database( table, field etc). It would be great if you can provide a sql that can pull the event data.
    If event aggregator has this functionality, we can consider using that as well.

Thanks

Hunter

Hello,

The best way I can think to do this would be to upload the featured images, then identify the post id’s. From there, you’d update the wp_postmeta field (_thumbnail_id – without the opening and closing parenthesis) with the featured image post id’s. Please let me know if this helps and best of luck! If you’d like to see a better way to go about this in the future, I invite you to visit our UserVoice Feature Ideas and recommend it as a feature you’d like to see.

Again, best of luck and thank you for reaching out. Cheers!

desical
    Participant

This reply is private.

desical
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hello,

It unfortunately is still not included in Event Aggregator due to the iCal not allowing a featured image on their end, so there is nothing we would be able to import. What you would need to do is upload your featured images, identify the post_id in the wp_posts table, then update your wp_postmeta _thumbnail_id field with corresponding featured image post_id.

I wish I was able to do more here and we truly appreciate you taking the time to fill out the UserVoice suggestion! If this all gets a little too much for you, we have a list of customizers that can help out.

Good luck and thank you for working with me on the issue. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured image in events’ is closed to new replies.