Featured Event Color Will Not Change After Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Featured Event Color Will Not Change After Update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

I’m getting a similar issue to the Colors Messed up After Update thread (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/colors-messed-up-after-update/#post-1408907). Featured Events are always blue, even when the color is set to something else in the Customizer. Any help on how to address this either via Customizer or in CSS to enter a custom color would be appreciated.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/colors-messed-up-after-update/

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Daniel and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about that issue.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

In a nutshell, could you try the recommendations of my reply here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/colors-messed-up-after-update/#post-1409465

Additionally, could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme and child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Daniel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Daniel and happy new year!

Thank you for the files.
    I was able to reproduce your issue on my end.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox (with the color of your choice):

#tribe-events-content table.tribe-events-calendar .type-tribe_events.tribe-event-featured {
    background-color: #dd3333 !important;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I added that CSS code to my style.css in my child theme, and it appears that it does not change anything. I also tried adding the CSS code to the Additional CSS section of the Customizer with the same results. Any other thoughts? If that works on your end, I could try playing around with it on my local test version.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Daniel,

Thank you for writing back.

Actually, the code did change something… but only for the month view.

Here is some more CSS to add to the mix (on top of the previous one)

.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured, .tribe-events-list #tribe-events-day.tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured, .type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap, .type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap:hover {
    background-color: #dd3333 !important;
    }

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thank you for pointing out that the first fix changed the color in month mode. I completely missed that. And the second piece of code did the trick! Thank you! At first it did not do anything, but after closing my browser and re-checking the color changed for Photo View (which we use the most) and other views. Thanks again!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Daniel,

I am super stoked that this worked for you.
    As promised, once the fix is released, you will get notified.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Nico

Hey,

Happy to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 22th January 2018) is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-january-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Daniel
    Participant

This looks like it worked. Thanks again!

Geoff B.

Good evening Daniel,

I am super stoked to hear that this bug has been squashed.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Featured Event Color Will Not Change After Update’ is closed to new replies.