Help Desk

Colors messed up after update

My button color used to be the same as my “accent color” in the calendar settings under Appearence / Customize, it went blue now and doesn’t seem be controlled by the same “accent color” dialog. I’m getting a grey bar as the background for my my “next events” link that makes the link really hard to read (not sure what was there before).
    Hope somebody can help, thank you!

Good evening Terra and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the customizer no longer having the desired effect on your site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I notice that you seem to be using a customized version of Divi.

Could you please send me a copy of the latest version of your WordPress theme / child theme via a link to a .zip file link (stored Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ? I recommend a private reply for that purpose.

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates or customizations you might have made.

The first thing I would recommend is to try different settings for Default stylesheet used for events templates under Events -> Settings -> Display to see if that helps.

When something like this happens, after a backup of your database, we typically recommend downgrading back to the last working version of our plugins on your site.

I recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

In this case, I would recommend specifically the Events Calendar Pro 4.4.18

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

This reply has been marked as private.

Good evening Terra,

Thank you for the files. I will be able to run some tests.

Can you tell me precisely which version of Divi you are using ?

Finally, would you mind trying to temporarily deactivate the Events Calendar Pro to see if that solves the issue ?

Hang in there!

Geoff B.

Hi Geoff, I’m using Divi 3.0.92, I did some testing deactivating Events Calendar Pro but didn’t succeed.

Good evening Terra,

Thank you for that extra piece of information.
    I ran several tests and it does look like the button in the list view is indeed going rogue.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch.
We are actively working on a solution for this.

Alas, I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.
    They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.
    Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

In the meantime, some CSS should enable you to buy some time.

Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-button {
        background-color: #8c281b !important;
    }

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Thank you for taking time to get back to me, Geoff, and for the CSS code, that solved the problem!

Merry Christmas

Good evening Terra and happy New Year!

Sorry for the belated answer as I was indeed off for the holidays.
    Thank you for the wishes.

I am super stoked that the CSS does the trick for now.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Good evening Terra,

Just a quick follow-up to let you know that the conflict between the Events Calendar, Divi and the customizer has been resolved with the latest version of the Events Calendar Pro and Divi.

Give it a try if you can.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘Colors messed up after update’ is closed to new replies.