Fatal Errors on Windows Servers with the 4.4.0.1 Release

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Fatal Errors on Windows Servers with the 4.4.0.1 Release

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Hello,

We have confirmed that there are some issues with the recent 4.4.0.1 release of The Events Calendar and Event Tickets that cause fatal error messages on some sites.

Thus far we have identified a pattern where the fatal errors only arise on sites that are running on Windows server software.

Our developers are working hard to identify the specific problem and we are hoping to publish an update that addresses this problem as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to plugin releases in your wp-admins, and to our blog for news about these issues.

If you have issues specifically related to this and would like to report them, please do so here instead of making a new thread in the forums so that we can more effectively coordinate our communications with you about the issues.

Thank you so much for your patience! Stay tuned.

— George

harrogatenews
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey there, @harrogatenews—do “Fatal Error” messages anywhere along the way for you in regards to these issues?

Thanks!
    George

harrogatenews
    Participant

Hi,

When the submit button is pressed it doesn’t do anything.

If I just leave it, it eventually says that the captcha has timed out.

Tim

George
    Participant

Thanks Tim—this does not sound like the specific Windows Server-based fatal errors that this thread is focused on, so can you please open a new thread on these forums about your specific issues?

In it, please include your full, un-edited system information. I emphasize “full” and “un-edited” here because in your post above on this thread, only a portion of your site’s system information was posted—much of it is cut off and not posted here.

So in your new thread, please post the complete information.

Thank you!
    George

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

I cannot get the events calendar to activate in xampp. Is this related to this issue?

George
    Participant

It may be, Thomas—I don’t see any specific notes about this from our developers but will investigate further.

In your testing, do you have WP_DEBUG activated? If not, turn WP_DEBUG on your XAMPP site and try activating The Events Calendar if any errors get printed onto the page, please copy and paste the full text of those error messages in your reply here.

Thanks!
    George

Thomas Claffy
    Participant

When I try to activate The Events Calendar plugin. The PRO and Community Events are already activated.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65488 bytes) in C:\xampp\htdocs\MyFergusonCalendar\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\common\vendor\lucatume\di52\src\tad\DI52\Bindings\Resolver.php on line 119

George
    Participant

Hi Thomas,

This indeed seems like the same type of Fatal Errors we’re describing here. I’ve noted your specific error with our developers.

There is no specific progress report on these issues at this time, but stay tuned to this thread—when there is news about these bugs, I will post that news here!

Stay tuned,
    George

Lisa
    Participant

Hi, experiencing this same issue…offering info in case it helps:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, version 6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack1)

PHP version 5.6.11

Brian
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

This reply is private.

liblogger
    Participant

We’re also seeing this issue on our testing server, which is running XAMPP (on a Windows 7 desktop 🙂 – PHP 5.6.15 & Apache 2.4.17

When the Events Calendar & Event Tickets were updated, start getting fatal error messages saying either ‘Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted’ or ‘Call to undefined method Tribe__Settings_Manager’. The Events Calendar Pro and Event Tickets Plus were deactivated while those updates were being done. Site seems fine after reverting to the 4.3.5 versions.

George
    Participant

Thank you for adding your site here, @liblogger. We’re still working on these issues but are hoping to have a fix published next time next week, if all goes to plan.

I’m really sorry for the trouble here, but we’re getting closer on fixing this!

Stay tuned folks, and thanks a ton for your continued patience!

Sincerely,
    George

JOSE
    Participant

Good evening,
    I have the fatal error when I try to install 4.4 version of my event calendar plugins and I think that this problem is linked to the Facebook Event (4.2).

This plugin doesn’t work properly since two weeks.
    So I tried to uninstall the FB event plugin, but I had a fatal error.
    (I know there is a new plugin for FB import, Event Aggregator, that I can try on my site. But this new plugin is in conflict with FB event, so I need to desactivate/uninstall the FB event plugin, but I can’t).

By now, I try to update the event calendar pro plugin, I have a fatal error too.

So I don’t understand how can I keep going.

Thank you for support.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Errors on Windows Servers with the 4.4.0.1 Release’ is closed to new replies.