FAO Geoff B – Continuing Previous – Main loop

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO FAO Geoff B – Continuing Previous – Main loop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Greg
    Participant

Hi Geoff, hope you’re well

Continuing this thread

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/fao-geoff-b-continuing-previous-main-loop/

I wonder if you could
    1. Mark that post as pending fix, so we can continue our communication in a logical manner there, rather than starting another thread? Thanks
    2. Provide me with an update now we are 1 month on. I appreciate you’ll let me know when it’s done, but in the interests of good communication and transparency with our client, i’d like to give them some visibility on when that might actually be, given the progress on the task to date.

Thanks as always

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Greg,

Nice to hear from you.

To answer your question, yes I am doing well and there is no shortage of fun stuff to work on on our end. I hope you are also doing fantastic.

Regarding your points:

1. This is totally my bad, I just did that.
    2. As for your second point, you will undoubtedly be contacted as soon as this feature request is deployed.

Although it is a highly popular feature request from our WPML users, it still needs to go through the regular process which also means it has a lesser priority than fixing bugs.

So in short, I do not believe this will be addressed until we get to the bottom of our WPML-centric maintenance release.

As I am sure you can appreciate, I do think solving existing bugs should always have priority over new features.

With that in mind, we have seen a growing number of our customers simply tweaking things via a combination of wpml-config.xml and snippets to bridge gaps in functionality.

In fact, if you remember, this is how we were able to solve one of your recent issues.

So, if you do have the time and desire to do so and you do not want to wait, you might want to experiment with these ideas on a staging environment.

Here is the collection of these interactions (for inspiration purposes):

Cheers and have a good weekend!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘FAO Geoff B – Continuing Previous – Main loop’ is closed to new replies.