Failed Imports, No Facebook Image, No Google Maps

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Failed Imports, No Facebook Image, No Google Maps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Neil Duckett
    Participant

I’ve installed 4.3.4, manually imported some events and there was no improvement – still no Facebook image, no Google Map and no new organisers.

I waited a few hours and checked the scheduled imports, pretty much all failed.

No, i haven’t turned off all plugins and tested it again and again. The previous Fecebook import worked with the same plugins installed, it’s just the EA doesn’t.

Hunter

Hi Neil,

Sorry to hear you’re still experiencing troubles. Unfortunately, I can’t assist with the troubleshooting process until you review and report back your findings from the Testing for conflicts guide. Once we have that information, I’ll then be able to begin testing myself.

Please make sure you are running the latest versions of our plugins. I see you have The Events Calendar 4.3.4 and we’re currently at 4.3.4.1

Thanks for understanding and have a good Monday. Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I did that, results as follows. Facebook Event image now appearing, which is good … on a manual import, i haven’t seen a scheduled import run yet. The problem with the manual import is now it’s created with a black organiser and not using the default category.

After spending an hour digging up the license keys for plugins that were disabled then re-activated, i’m still yet to get the Favicon one working. I won’t be disabling ALL plugins again anytime soon.

I ad already updated to 4.3.4.1 this morning, will send the new info in a private message now.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Neil,

Thank you for taking the time to run through the Testing for conflicts guide guide. I’m glad to hear the featured image issue has been resolved.

The problem with the manual import is now itโ€™s created with a black organiser and not using the default category.

We are aware of the blank organizer issue and a fix is pending release which should be available soon. In response to the default category, are you referring to the ‘Global Import Settings‘ or the ‘Facebook Import Settings‘ under Events > Imports tab? Once I have that information, I can test the issue myself and take the next step.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing back. Cheers!

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi Hunter, i was referring to Events > Import > Scheduled Imports … selecting the event, editing it and choosing a status and category. I had them all set, seems the one i tested dropped off. I’ve fixed it now, but will continue to check.

There’s no events being imported in the schedule, they all fail … they do work if i manually run them though, but with 80 facebook organisers, that’s not feasible.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by Neil Duckett.
    Hunter

Hey Neil,

Welcome back. I apologize, but I’m still just a little confused on the exact steps I need to follow in order to reproduce the behavior of the category issue, so please send me a step-by-step list and include screenshots if possible.

For the scheduled import issue, can you please provide more info on this issue as well? Where are you attempting to import events from? E.g. Facebook or Google Calendar. Again, provide step-by-step instructions needed to reproduce the issue and I’d be happy to start testing.

The more descriptive you can be, the better. Screenshots are always helpful too.

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

So following the steps above, from the Dashboard … select Events > Import > Scheduled Imports then select and event as pictured.

There’s an option in there to choose the default category … which i’ve done before, but it had dropped off.

The Scheduled Import is the one that’s never worked with much success, i need to run it manually for the events to be imported.

I have a mass of events with no image, what’s the best way to get them to update with an image? I have NO confidence in deleting them all then re-importing. I don’t like the idea of the FB over-writting the event as i have to edit most venues to add address details, i don’t want these to go back to blank.

Let me know if you need anythings else.

Hunter

Hey Neil,

I’m not able to reproduce the category issue you’re having. When I edit a scheduled Facebook import and assign it a different category, the event gets assigned to the correct category upon import. I’m also not seeing any logged bugs resembling this issue.

I am able to set up a scheduled import and it gets ran every hour as expected. The blank organizer issue has been addressed as well. A fix was applied on the server-side of Event Aggregator, so there should no longer be any issues there.

The Facebook featured image issue was also addressed in version 4.3.4, so as long as you’ve got the latest version, you shouldn’t have any issues to reimport the events at this point.

I hope this helps clarify where everything is at and best of luck resolving the scheduled import conflict. I would personally start by installing a plugin like WP Crontrol so you can get a better idea what’s going on with the scheduled imports.

Thank you for your patience while we fully investigated your issues and have a great afternoon!

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Thanks Hunter, i’ve installed that plugin and will monitor it. If i manually run each import i get events no problems, but the scheduler is always returning red error marks.

Hunter

Hey Neil,

Thank you again for working with me on your conflicts. I’ll close this thread out due to no relative bugs logged and that I’m unable to reproduce the scheduled import issue. My recommendations for any issues you might have in the future are to have a test site set up (using the default WP theme and only our plugins) so you can fully troubleshoot to identify the source(s) of conflict.

From there, create a separate thread for each individual issue you have. Doing so will help decrease the potential for confusion for both parties involved. My last recommendation is for you to be as detailed as possible on the problem in your initial post, but more importantly, include the exact steps to reproduce the issue so I can get to testing and if a bug is found, log it, so our team can start working on a fix as soon as possible.

Thanks again and have a great holiday season. Cheers!

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to share the news that we released a Maintenance Release today that should include improved handling of these imports.

You should be able to see this update in your wp-admin Updates page. You can learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-2-event-tickets-4-4-2-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Failed Imports, No Facebook Image, No Google Maps’ is closed to new replies.