Facebook share button no longer appears

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Facebook share button no longer appears

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Luciane
    Participant

Hello!

I have included the sharing buttons in the creation of events and they were working until last week. However, without making any changes the sharing buttons of social media no longer appear. Only the tanned button appears. How can I solve this problem?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Luciane,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

To start, can you verify that you’ve followed the Testing for Conflicts procedures and have deactivated other plugins and switched to a default theme to see if the issue persists? Also, could you provide a link to a page on your site where this is happening so we can take a closer look?

Thanks!

Luciane
    Participant

Hi Josh!

I just followed the Testing for Conflicts procedures and have deactivated all the other plugins and switched to the Twenty Thirteen theme and unfortunately the issue persists…
    All the events don’t have the share buttons anymore. This is an example: http://trilheiros.net/calendario/feriado-da-pascoa-na-ilha-do-mel-parana-trilheiros-net/
    Do you have any idea what is happening?

Thanks for your return!

Luciane
    Participant
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Luciane,

Thanks for following up and providing that information. Which plugin are you using to generate the share buttons for those pages?

Thanks!

Luciane
    Participant

Hi Josh!

I’m using Jetpack.

Best regards

Josh
    Participant

Hey Luciane,

I apologize for the delayed response.

Out of curiosity, could you switch to a default WordPress theme and see if the issue with the Jetpack sharing module persists on the events pages?

Thanks!

Luciane
    Participant

Hi Josh!

I already changed my theme and the issue persists on the events pages… 🙁

Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hey Luciane,

Could you try adding the following code to your theme’s functions.php file:

function tweakecp_add_jpshare( $after ) {

if ( function_exists( 'sharing_display' ) ) {
    $shares = sharing_display( '', true );
    }

$after .= $shares;

return $after;
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_after_html', 'tweakecp_add_jpshare' );

To see if this changes the display of the share buttons on that page.

Thanks!

Luciane
    Participant

Hi Josh!

I added this code but the sharing buttons still do not appear at the events pages…

Thanks
    Luciane

Josh
    Participant

Hey Luciane,

I’m sorry that solution didn’t work for your site. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the conflict, there isn’t a whole lot of support we can provide for this feature. For further information that may help, you can check out the conflict notes for Jetpack’s sharing module here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/tec-with-jetpack/.

I apologize for the inconvenience of this issue.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook share button no longer appears’ is closed to new replies.