Facebook not importing own events using same account

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook not importing own events using same account

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick
    Participant

Since the recent API change I’ve had a number of problems importing events – do them manually and only import events on a facebook page that I’m the administrator of. Last week I was able to import events that I’d created and indicated an interest or attendance. (Although even this failed a few times and only started after several log in and log outs of facebook and relinking the accounts). This week I can’t get anything to import at all. It simply states that there the preview has no imports to display. I’m the only administrator on both the facebook business page and the website and the facebook business page created the events. I’ve also tried exporting the events as ics file – and then importing them too. Any advice and help would be appreciated – it’s the only reason I purchased the package.

Nick
    Participant

Is there a reason this hasn’t been replied to? Other tickets with later responses have had replies…

This reply is private.

Nick
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the reply. I believe that my events and site fulfuill the current criteria on https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ but I still can’t import events.

You are the owner of a Facebook page and you created the events on that page – I am, and I did create the events
    If you link Event Aggregator with Facebook using that same account – I have done so

I only ever import our own events so the current status should work, or am I missing something?
    My website is sundowncinema.co.uk and I’m importing from facebook.com/sundowncine or facebook.com/sundowncine/events

I tried exporting the event as an ics file but it still wouldn’t import (though to be fair I haven’t tried this in the last couple of days)

Am i doing something wrong or is the information about importing your own facebook events no longer accurate?

Thanks in advance,
    nick

Hi Nick,

If you are the owner of the Facebook Page and you create the events yourself, you should be able to import them.

The only caveat that I can think of is that you are creating these events as Sundown Cinema, and not as yourself, so that it cannot recognize you as the creator of the events.

Does that make sense?

This is a tricky situation, so there may be a reason why imports aren’t working here, and we’ll try to help you figure that out.

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Nick
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Thanks but I have also tried to create event on my personal facebook account and that doesn’t work either. Is there any workaround? If not then I’d like a refund please.

Thanks

Nick

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, things have changed and most of our users are currently unable to import from Facebook at all at this time.

You can get more information on the status of our plugin’s access to Facebook are https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy/ and https://theeventscalendar.com/event-aggregator-status/.

If you are still  interested in a refund, I can provide you with a partial refund for your remaining time on your Event Aggregator license.

Instead, would you be interested in a license for the remaining time for one of our other plugins instead of a refund?

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook not importing own events using same account’ is closed to new replies.