Facebook import not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    giselle
    Participant

Hi:

The Facebook import not working tab is not working AT ALL since a couple of days ago.
    I get the 504 page error all the time.

Can you tell me how to fix this please?

IT IS URGENT

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re having this issue.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

giselle
    Participant

Hi:

I tested all the plugins and I cannot find the one that has conflict with the Facebook import because the Facebook import IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. No matter which plugins I activate or deactivate.

Can you help please? It is very urgent.

Cliff

Bummer. Thanks for trying.

(Please make sure you have all the latest versions of our plugins before continuing, and try again if you didn’t.)

With all the “Testing for Conflicts Guide” stuff in place (all non-Modern Tribe plugins deactivated and Twenty Fifteen or similar WP core theme active), could you please send me your system information?

You can find the system info by going to WP Admin > Events > Settings > Help tab > System Information section — or by going to [yoursite]/wp-admin/edit.php?page=tribe-common&tab=help&post_type=tribe_events#tribe-system-info

Please also provide screenshots of your Facebook Import settings page(s), if you’re comfortable doing that.

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Make sure to use the “Set as private reply” checkbox to protect your private information from the public.

giselle
    Participant

This reply is private.

giselle
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for the details.

A 504 error is a gateway timeout error, so my general thought is there’s an error on Facebook’s side… but they’re Facebook and likely shouldn’t have downtime (especially for a prolonged period).

I see you have a lot of Facebook import feeds setup. I’m not aware of a technical limit to our plugin, but could you try to reduce the list of imports to something small (e.g. 5 feeds) and see if that gets it working again?

Obviously, that’s not a long-term fix, but it may help us narrow down the potential cause of the issue (I’m thinking along the lines of your site requesting too much data at once and Facebook timing out due to too large of a single request).

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

giselle
    Participant

This reply is private.

giselle
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi. Sorry for the delayed response.

You said it worked fine for 5 import sources.

I would suggest trying more until you figure out a limit. For example, did this just start happening after you added 1 more recently? Or maybe it’s a number of events coming through (regardless of the number of sources).

The more information we can gather, the better bug report I’ll be able to pass along to our developers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import not working’ is closed to new replies.