Facebook import double ups

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook import double ups

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ardcgarage
    Participant

Hi Tribe,
    I am finding an inconsistent doubling up of entries on my calendar. I hve read many of the similar posts and there doesn’t seem to be a fix I can implement that is clear? I have checked my versions, deleted all and re-imported, taken other plugins offline, and it still happens at random both to past and future events. Can you assist? We use Facebook to feed our app for events, would love this to work as well – its the reason we bought it! Cheers.

Geoff

Hi there Samantha, welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch!

Sorry you’re running into issues with duplicate events being created with the Facebook importer. This is something we’ve seen pop up a number of times and is definitely a bug. I checked and see there is a ticket to fix this before our next release, which is just around the corner. We’ll follow-up and post an update to this thread to let you know when that releases.

Thanks for letting us know! It’s super helpful to see how often this kind of thing pops up.

Cheers!
    Geoff

rappnews
    Participant

I’m replying to this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-events-importing-events-multiple-times-2/#post-768004

I’m replying here because it’s the same issue and that thread is closed.

We would be happy to provide a database dump. I don’t believe that the issue has recurred since we switched away from hourly imports (checking on that…), but we have 120 duplicate events saved in the Trash.

We’d also be happy to add the debugging code.

We are importing third-party events from multiple third parties.

One other interesting quirk: some of the imported events are assigned an author unrelated to the event.

Geoff

That’s awesome of you, thanks rappnews! I know we’re actively working on this bug and have some data to work with, but I’ll pass your offer along in case another use case would be helpful.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread since it seems we’ve pinned down the issue and it’s being worked on, but we’ll be in touch and update this thread when we have more to share. The next release is right around the corner. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hi there,

I wanted to drop in here and let you know that a fix for this problem is included in our upcoming release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version and watch our blog for the release notes post.

If you experience any issues after updating your plugins to the new versions, please open a new thread in the forum and we’d be happy to take a look.

Thank you for your patience while we expand and improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook import double ups’ is closed to new replies.