Facebook Import Double or Triple Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Import Double or Triple Events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christine
    Participant

Hello! We have FB importer running on the site and it’s set to import hourly from FB. I have 2 questions – When it imports the events from FB, they show up in the FB tab (in the backend) with checkboxes. Do I have to check the box and manually import the item? It seems that way. I want to set it up so it auto-imports with no checking needed.

My other question is- why are a lot of events importing twice or 3 times?

njmom.com/events

Thanks!
    Christine

Hunter

Hey Christine,

Welcome to the support forums 🙂

To automatically import events, you’ll need to enter the Facebook page ID (example: https://www.facebook.com/LiveNation – you’d grab LiveNation and paste it in the box found under Events > Import > Import Settings (see screenshot below).

To import individual events, you’ll grab the individual Facebook event ID (example: https://www.facebook.com/events/1701703663378928 – you’d grab 1701703663378928 and paste it under Events > Import > Facebook (see screenshot below).

More details can be found here. Let me know if this clears up any confusion you may have.

Have a great upcoming weekend and happy Earth Day!

Christine
    Participant

Hi Hunter,
    Unfortunately, this doesn’t answer my question at all. My question wasn’t how to import from FB. My question is why is it importing double and triple times? I see this is a major bug as there are many, many other people writing about the same issue. Is there a hack for us in the meantime while you are debugging?

Hunter

Hey Christine,

My apologies for the misunderstanding. Let me try and answer your questions a bit more accurately.

Do I have to check the box and manually import the item? It seems that way. I want to set it up so it auto-imports with no checking needed.

Yes, you will need to check individual events you’d like to import. I see the merit in the functionality you described. We don’t currently offer that ability, but our UserVoice Feature Ideas is the perfect place to add it as an idea if it hasn’t been already.

In regards to the duplicate events being imported, we did have a bug but it was completed and sent out in a release a few months ago. Can you please send over your System Information as a private reply? Also, include the import options you have set under Events > Import > Import Settings > Facebook Import Settings.

I apologize again for not answering your questions the first time around and I look forward to getting this issue resolved. Have a good rest of your week 🙂

Christine
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hi Christine,

Thanks for sending over that System Information with me. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary that would cause the multiple import issue. Additionally, we don’t have any open logged bugs of users reporting similar issues.

Do you have the ability to create a test environment with only our plugins active using the default WP theme and see if you’re able to replicate the import issue? I’d also like to get a copy of your database if possible, so please send a link to a Dropbox or Google Drive folder containing your database in a private reply.

Thanks again for the willingness to work with me on the issue and I look forward to resolving this 🙂

Hunter

One last thing – there are a few errors after inputting the list of FB pages you’re attempting to import events from:

Events from LWinery are not importing because Facebook has returned an error, “Unsupported get request.” That error is usually due to an age or country restriction in that Facebook Page’s settings, please see our Facebook API Errors article for options to resolve this.

Can you try removing those FB pages giving errors and see if the problem still occurs?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Import Double or Triple Events’ is closed to new replies.