Facebook failing to import events from page

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook failing to import events from page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stuart
    Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to troubleshoot with the manager of a page why I can’t import their events.

I’m receiving…

‘Events cannot be imported because Facebook has returned an error. This could mean that the event ID does not exist, the event or source is marked as Private, or the event or source has been otherwise restricted by Facebook. You can read more about Facebook restrictions in our knowledgebase.’

I have message the page owner to see if there was an age limit restriction, but that is not the case.

Could you guide me on how to instruct the page owner so I get a green for importing?

Will add screen shots of their page and URL in the next comment.

Kind regards

Stuart

Stuart
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I copied the Facebook link shared with me and attempted a new import:

I did not experience any issues with the import:

Could you update to the most recent version of The Events Calendar (4.4.0.1) and then review the Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can reproduce the conflict?

Let me know if doing makes a difference and we’ll go from there. Thanks and have a good evening 🙂

Stuart
    Participant

Hi Hunter,

I still have the same issue with everything disabled and the Twenty Sixteen theme active.

Some Facebook pages are fine, but some like this always throw up the error. I’ve tried one time import and setting up a schedule and getting the same error. I checked with the Page owner and there appears to be no restrictions on their page, as per the screenshots they took for me.

Cheers

Stuart

Hunter

Hey Stuart,

Can you send over essentially every detail I’ll need to reproduce the error? This includes:

• URLs to Facebook pages you’re attempting to import events from.
    • Visit Events > Imports > New Import and fill in the fields as if you were creating a new import as you’ve been doing. Take a screenshot and send it over. See screenshot below for example.
    • Send a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Imports screen.

Thanks and have a great afternoon 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook failing to import events from page’ is closed to new replies.