Facebook Events import will not load, at all.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events import will not load, at all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    joseph
    Participant

For some reason the import page will not load. Like at all. I have tried multiple computers and browsers and nothing is working. It is not timing out, giving an error code, or anything like that it literally just sits there like it is trying to load but will not. Can you please help!

Hunter

Hey Joseph,

Sorry to hear about the issue and welcome to the forums.

Can you please confirm the issue occurs after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide? I see you have a theme and/or plugin(s) active, so I just want to rule out the potential for a conflict before we continue investigating.

Thanks for reaching out and have a great evening. Cheers!

joseph
    Participant

I have tried everything as requested numerous times. Everything works except the Facebook event as it does not want to load.

Hunter

Hey Joseph,

I hate to ask, but are you able to set up a test environment with only the default WP theme and our plugins active to see if you’re able to reproduce the issue? How many Facebook page IDs do you have entered under Events > Import > Facebook Import Settings? Can you send over screenshots of your import settings?

The more information you can provide, the better. Have an enjoyable evening and thanks for working with me on the issue. Cheers 🙂

joseph
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Joseph,

Thank you for sending those over. My apologies if my first request was confusing, but if you could navigate to Events > Import > Facebook Import Settings (see screenshots below).

Having near/more 300 Facebook page IDs may have something to do with the screen not loading – that is quite a large amount of Facebook events to “crawl”. Are you able to remove all but 1 or 2 Facebook page IDs to see if we can confirm whether or not the amount of IDs you’re attempting to “crawl” is the culprit?

Let me know how that goes and thanks for keeping me updated with your progress. Cheers!

joseph
    Participant

it wasn’t a strange question, but I had a hunch on that this morning when I finally had a small break and time to think. It was the problem. There being to many. Next question of course being obvious is, is there a limit to how many ids I can have on the site at any given time because the company is growing rather quickly?

Hunter

Hey Joseph,

Glad to hear we’re on the same page. We’ve actually got a logged bug/feature report aimed to address handling large amounts of Facebook IDs. I’ve linked this forum thread to the ticket for the developers to reference. I can’t provide a concrete date when the update will be released, but I can tell you it is “in-progress” which is a good thing! Keep an eye on your wp-admin and theeventscalendar.com/blog for release info. Sorry I don’t have a fix for the time being and thanks for working with me on the issue. Cheers 🙂

joseph
    Participant

It is absolutely fine. Thank you for all your help.

Hunter

Glad I could help and thank you for being understanding on the matter. Have a great upcoming weekend. Cheers!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events import will not load, at all.’ is closed to new replies.