Facebook Events Feature Requests

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events Feature Requests

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Joyce Grace

Hi everyone! This is where we are going to keep track of all your wonderful ideas for features we should include in the Facebook Events add-on. We can’t guarantee all your ideas will be implemented, but it sure is great to know what many people are asking for, so we can put some features in future releases of the add-on.

Please note this is not the place to post a problem with a feature – that type of thing should go in the regular forum. This is a place for great minds to join forces and make the world a better place through the Facebook Events feature 🙂

Daniel
    Participant

I posted this request along with some problems in another thread, so I thought I’d post again here just to make sure it’s in the right spot.

Is there any way to import the photo that’s on the event page as well?

esteban
    Participant

I just bought this plugin and it has saved me a lot of time. I was manually importing around 100 events a week and right now I do this at a fraction of the time. Great plugin, but a feature I think is a must is a the ability to import the event’s image as a featured image. This will be the cherry on top for me 🙂

Steve
    Participant

I’d like to second Daniel’s request — this is far less appealing without the associated image. Everything else seems to work perfectly, and I can’t think of any other feature that even comes close in importance.

Gerald
    Participant

How about EXPORTING selected events from ECP to Facebook?

Chris
    Participant

I’d just like to put in another vote for exporting events from ECP to Facebook as well!

Tineke
    Participant

Is there any screenshot of how it looks like? I am specifically looking for an option to show attendees (preferably with RSVP option). Could this addon help me out?

Leah

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. Since you posted about the featured image, that has been added so I hope you are now basking in it’s glory 🙂 We agree that exporting events from Events Calendar would be awesome, but it’s a much more complicated process than importing them and not an immediate priority. We try to respond as best we can to customer demands and this is definitely one of the most requested features.

Tineke- there are some screenshots of this add-on on our site at https://theeventscalendar.com/facebook-events/. You might also want to check out our Eventbrite add-on at https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/. Through the Eventbrite add-on you can list and register your attendees on Eventbrite.com. We’re also working on a Wootickets add on that would provide something similar within your WordPress site. If you have any more questions about our products, feel free to ask on the Pre-Sales forum (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/forum/_welcome/pre-sales-questions/).

Austin
    Participant

Formatting –
    On our event pages on facebook we have lots of info posted on the description of the events. On the FB event page this is all separated by using the return key to create line breaks in the text. When imported to the calendar all the text looses its formatting. Is their anyway to keep this formatting during the import or am I going to have to lessen the description of the events or add html to the event descriptions on facebook?

FB Event page example
    https://www.facebook.com/events/153717901432800/
    After import –
    http://txatvracing.com/tqra/events/upcoming/

Thanks for the help!

Leah

Hey Austin- sorry you’re having trouble. Are you using the most recent version of the plugin (1.0.2)? This was a bug in 1.0 that was patched, but if it’s occurring again in the current version we’d like to know more. If you are running the latest version, would you mind starting a thread about this in the main forum (as opposed to the feature request list) so we can troubleshoot?

Thanks,
    Leah

Austin
    Participant

I am using 1.0.2
    I will create a new thread. Thanks for the help

Austin
    Participant

Would it be possible to display the comments and posts made on the face book event page? Have this display beneath the calendar event page? with Facebook login integration for people to join in on the comments if they are viewing the website?

For example- we are hosting a benefit ride day for an injured rider. We have been posting ideas and receiving input from our members on fun activities to do at the event to help raise money. I would love for people visiting the website to be able to join in on the discussion and see all of our updates/photos we are posting on the facebook event page.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/443993355657052/

Leah

Cool idea Austin! That would definitely be a hit with users. Thanks!

Beth
    Participant

Merging Organizing/Locations would be nice, because some of the Facebook Events I import are causing duplicate Organizers/Locations. It seems to be that the page is listing it differently each time, even through it’s the same. Also, not importing the default Facebook image, if the page didn’t upload an image. I have a lot a lot of default Facebook images in my Media Gallery now.

Leah

Hi Beth,
    Thanks for the input. It seems like maybe you’re running to some trouble with the plugin- would you mind starting a new thread in the forum so one of us can help you out with those? Further discussion might also help us clarify the issues so we can incorporate needed solutions into an upcoming release.
    Thanks,
    Leah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events Feature Requests’ is closed to new replies.