Facebook Events API – Attending Count

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Events API – Attending Count

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tkwalker
    Participant

I am trying to show the most popular Facebook Events by people attending. Two part question: 1. Are you currently using v2 of the Events API on Facebook? and 2. Do you fetch all fields and edges? The fields I’m interested in fetching are: attending_count and maybe_count. My development website is: http://www.eventgrabber.com/demo

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi tkwalker,

I can help with your questions, please see my answers below each of your remarks.

1. Are you currently using v2 of the Events API on Facebook?

No, we are using V1.0 (Available until 04/15/2015, so we will have to switch before that)

Do you fetch all fields and edges?

We only fetch the fields for Events(time, date, image), Venue, and Organizer.

attending_count and maybe_count are not fetched.

If you would like to add that as a feature please post on our UserVoice Page.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

tkwalker
    Participant

Ok, thanks for the responses. One of my biggest issues currently is that the API is having quite a hard time retrieving the images from Facebook events. I did read in a prior post that you are aware of this issue, but haven’t seen any resolution to this. Is there any updates or anything you can recommend we do on our end (we have programmers available) to help resolve this issue?

tkwalker
    Participant

One more thing: According to Facebook, we should upgrade our apps to the latest Graph API before December 25 to protect 90% of our users. In your previous response, you mentioned April 15 being the due date. Have you seen this: https://developers.facebook.com/
    TK

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

I do have something that you can try for the Facebook Images of Events.

Check out this topic out and add the coding in the reply from Barry on August 19th 2014:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-events-doesnt-import-event-photo/

As for the date, I was mentioning that as what Facebook says the API V1.0 will work until. I am not sure when we will upgrade out plugin to use API 2.0, but I would assume sometime before that. I do not have a timetable for it though.

Thanks

tkwalker
    Participant

Thanks Brian. This did indeed resolve my image issue.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great, glad it helps, I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need any other on something else please post a new ticket.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. We weren’t able to get to it for our upcoming 3.8 release, but it is still very much on the radar. We hope to have it fixed in an upcoming release, and we will do our best to keep you posted on our progress. Thanks for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah
    and the team at Modern Tribe

Leah

Hello,

I just wanted to update you here and let you know that we have a fix for the issue you reported in our upcoming release. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! Keep an eye out for an update coming soon. If you are still experiencing issues after the update, please start a new thread and we’d be happy to look into it. Thank you for your patience and support while we got this corrected.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Events API – Attending Count’ is closed to new replies.