Facebook event with multiple events in one post does not import properly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook event with multiple events in one post does not import properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

One of our import feeds had a Facebook event that had two separate evens included. It appeared on our calendar with the start time of the first event and the end time of the second event. Yikes. An event consisting of two one hour sessions a week apart that appeared on our calendar as a week long event.

Can you fix this issue please? At the very least use the start and end time of the first event, not the start of of the first and end of the last.

Thanks for your help.
    Carolyn

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello Carolyn,

I’m sorry that you’re running into this issue with Event Aggregator! Could you please send me a link to the Facebook event so that I can do some testing on my end?

If you could share your system info with me, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Citizen LocalMotive
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,
    Sorry, the event is in the past and their Facebook page is not letting me access it anymore. When it happens again I will send you details more promptly. What they did was post a series of events as one events post in Facebook. The calendar read in the start time and date of the first event and the ending time and date of the last event and made it one one event.

Thanks.
    Carolyn

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn,

Was this a recurring event in Facebook? I just checked our bug reports again, and we do have a known issue where recurring events are being imported as one event with the start and end dates set as you described. The good news is that the fix is coming out soon, and as soon as that happens, we’ll let you know here! I’ve linked this thread to our internal ticket so that you’ll be notified automatically.

If you are still running into this issue after that time, please let me know, and I do apologize for any issues this has caused on your end!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Carolyn!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook event with multiple events in one post does not import properly’ is closed to new replies.