Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, venues & Organizers

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, venues & Organizers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m having the same problem as described here. (Fells good, not to be alone in this world 😀 ) https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/facebook-auto-importing-multiple-copies-of-events/

Second post will have all the required information.

bernhardprange
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for all the info Benhard. I am setting up my local install with those details and attempting to replicate. Next time the auto import runs we will see what happens. I will post back when it does. Until then, let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    my feeling says that it happens, when FB pages are opening new events. It didn’t start on the first run and it surely not happens every run. I oberved that pages with more events activity have more copied venues. Give it a week for testing.

Brook
    Participant

I will do that bernhard. Thanks. Nothing to report yet. But I will keep you posted.

– Brook

bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    any news?

Brook
    Participant

Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate a problem yet. It’s possible my server settings are just different. Or perhaps my server is not running during the times that yours fails? Mine is not always connected to the internet. I will give it another few days and have it run longer.

At this point it is unfortunately sporadic enough that I do not have any advice to offer beyond Josh’s in the original thread.

Let me know if there is anything besides the above that I can do to assist in the mean time. Thanks, Bernhard.

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

Unfortunately I have not been able to replicate a problem yet. It’s possible my server settings are just different. Or perhaps my server is not running during the times that yours fails? Mine is not always connected to the internet. I will give it another few days and have it run longer.

At this point it is unfortunately sporadic enough that I do not have any advice to offer beyond Josh’s in the original thread.

Let me know if there is anything besides the above that I can do to assist in the mean time. Thanks, Bernhard.

– Brook

bernhardprange
    Participant

Hi Brook,
    that’s strange. I moved the webspace provider like 1 month ago and there the problem was too.
    As I have a lot of webspaces at the moment, I’ll setup a testing system, will run it for some weeks and let you know.
    I’ll give you access too, so you can monitor.
    Maybe it’s just about a f”ked up wordpress installation.

Please leave this thread open.

BR

Bernhard

bernhardprange
    Participant

I setup the account today. Let’s checkback on this in about 2 weeks.

bernhardprange
    Participant

This reply is private.

bernhardprange
    Participant

Hey there. Any news about that Bug? (as I am having the difficulties on a blank install, I call it a BUG now. 😉 )

bernhardprange
    Participant

Is the whole thing maybe about expired ID’s? Is that possible?

Brook
    Participant

Thanks for your patience while our whole team was on vacation, Bernhard.

I can definitely see the problem on your test site. Thanks for the login. I am trying to reproduce those results on a different server I have. I have a few a suspicions on what might be happening now that I can see it in action like that. And so I will experiment on my server.

I switched my settings so that Facebook now imports hourly instead of daily, that way we can hopefully speed this up. There is still some waiting involved though since WP_Cron, the WP function our plugin uses to setup the auto imports, is somewhat unreliable. No duplicates yet. But I will do my best to keep it running all weekend and make some. I will let you know how it is going Monday afternoon.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

I forgot to ask you, what do you mean by “expired IDs”? Are you talking about the Facebook group IDs that you input to import events from? Or the Facebook API key? Or perhaps your license key for the Facebook WP Plugin?

I noticed some of the group IDs are generating error messages. I am wondering if removing them will cause the problem to stop occurring in the future. I would like to try that after I have been able to reproduce the problem.

– Brook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Auto-Importing multiple copies of events, venues & Organizers’ is closed to new replies.