Facebook API

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Facebook API

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant

Are you making any progress with Facebook to regain the ability to aggregate events from business pages? I’ve been using your plugin to auto upload events from over 150 Facebook pages onto my website event calendar and it was working great.

The only reason I purchased your product was for that purpose and now I can see my calendar is already beginning to dissipate. It makes no sense for Facebook to not allow this because businesses WANT their calendar events promoted.

Not only is this affecting my website, it’s impacting the websites of my clients. I manage a website for a bar owner who regularly posts events to Facebook. He was thrilled when I told him last year that I could auto-populate them to his website calendar. Now that can’t be done and I may lose the client as a result.

I don’t understand how this is a privacy issue…BUSINESSES WANT THEIR EVENTS ADVERTISED!

What are doing to fix this problem?

Nick Evans
    Participant

Hi, I have the same question i pull FB events from a page i am an admin on to their website and now i can’t, this is no good at all when this is one of the only jobs of the Event Aggregator. Please update us on what is being done to restore this for business pages? Thank you

Nick Evans
    Participant

I was able to refresh my FB connection in the settings – i found this whilst generally pondering the solution. its in the settings for the Event Plugin. Might be worht trying Doug.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support and I sincerely apologize for the frustration. We were blindsided by Facebook along with other providers with the new rules. We are continuing our efforts to work with them and encourage anyone willing to reach out to Facebook on various social media platforms to voice their needs as well. We will definitely keep everyone posted with updates here: https://theeventscalendar.com/event-aggregator-status/

Thanks,
    Brendan

Doug
    Participant

Nick, that only works when you are an admin on the Facebook page you are aggregating from. As it turns out, I can do that for my client who only uploads events from his business Facebook page to his business website. What I’m talking about is when you link your calendar via The Events Calendar Aggregator from multiple Facebook pages to a third party website. The Facebook API changes no longer permits that. Thank you nonetheless.

Doug
    Participant

Thank you Brendan…keep pushing! 🙂

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thx Doug!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook API’ is closed to new replies.