EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH SUPPORT

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH SUPPORT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jlbworks
    Participant

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/missing-payment-info-post-import-event-editing-options/

I had this ticket open and it was closed by an automated process without the request being resolved.
    I had to stage this website and it took a lot of time and coordination in order to do so.

Meanwhile this ticket is closed.

So let me get this straight, we purchase a 80 dollar plugin, it doesn’t work, we open a support request and get no reply for several days.

then when we do we follow the painstaking direction in order to make a development version of the site with the 2017 theme enabled and no other plugins active.

and tested the plugin and still got the same errors with both issues.

Does that sound about right?

I staged the website on a local environment, same server setup / stack, and disabled all the plugins and switched to a default theme and i am still getting the above errors.

If I had to guess I would guess next steps are the following:

YOU The Events Calendar log in to the website dashboard and cpanel and figure out what is wrong with the connection / authentication with this process.

My next post will be private with those credentials.

Thank you for your immediate help with this.

jlbworks
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi @jlbworks,

I apologize for any inconvenience.

While we do have an automated workflow that closes inactive topics after three weeks, there is no problem resuming the conversation from a fresh topic – as you have done. Our intent is not to frustrate you, but to help us better manage our delivery of support.

It’s unfortunate that Jennifer’s initial response to you didn’t save – however we are investing in and hope to switch to a new platform shortly that will resolve many problems of this kind.

To the problem at hand: it looks like you are running the latest versions of both The Events Calendar and Eventbrite Tickets, which is great. As a first step can you navigate to the Events ‣ Settings ‣ Imports screen, locate the Import Process System setting and change it either from Asynchronous to Cron-Based, or vice versa, then try again?

In many cases this newly introduced option has helped to alleviate problems and is well worth a try.

YOU The Events Calendar log in to the website dashboard and cpanel and figure out what is wrong with the connection / authentication with this process.

Thanks for taking the time to create and share those credentials – but let’s keep them in reserve for the time being.

While there are occasions where we will login to a customer website, it is our general policy to avoid doing so wherever possible.

jlbworks
    Participant

Tried that, it didn’t work, could you take a look?

jlbworks
    Participant

I still haven’t received a response here.

looks like the events are importing from eventbrite

but when i try to add tickets to the event i still get an issue with saving.

when saved, the status for tickets “Register this event with eventbrite.com?” switches to “No”

jlbworks
    Participant

I should also mention, the website is connected with cloudflare CDN, i don’t know if that effects it.

Barry

I’m so sorry we missed this follow-up. Though it is not at all something you should have to worry about, we’ve transitioned to a new help desk and that led to us failing to catch a number of forum posts here on the legacy forums.

I’ve reached out to you by email to keep things going.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH SUPPORT’ is closed to new replies.