Extra ticket fields not showing & Ticket not allowing editing and re-save

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Extra ticket fields not showing & Ticket not allowing editing and re-save

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mr. Peri
    Participant

Hi.

I added some extra ticket fields to the RSVP option for a couple of events on my client’s site but it doesn’t show up on the event registration page:
    http://akademia.ac.za/kalender/george-opedag/
    Only the standard fields (which I renamed) shows up, but not the additional fields I created in Ticket Field set.
    It’s definitely added to each ticket.

The other issue is once I created a ticket, I am unable to edit it. I can’t change the seats available, I can’t change the additional field sets. Nothing. I had to delete all the tickets and re-add them with all the correct info from scratch. Then the client changed info and I had to delete it all and re-add them all again because I could not change info. I can change the info, but saying Save ticket and Update doesn’t save any changes.

Geoff B.

Good evening Mr. Peri and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the extra ticket fields not showing up on your client’s site.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The first obstacle, is that I am denied access to this site with the following message “Your access to this site has been limited”.
    Would it be possible to gain access to take a look ?

That being said, based on your description of the issue and on the second issue, it sounds like there might be a conflict at play here.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Mr. Peri
    Participant

I am trying to find you in the user panel. As what did you register on the page (username or email)? Then I can just increase your rights.

Problem is, this is a university page, so there is no ways in hell that I can have the site down temporarily. They are busy with open days and registrations for next year so can’t shut it down even for a minute.

On the other site we have registered with you on this license (s-leer.co.za) the extra form fields show up with no issues.
    This website however (akademia.ac.za) we didn’t build form scratch, we took it over. We’ve always had issues with it, it’s not a specific theme so there’ no place fot theme settings, etc. It’s horrible to work on this, plus is halfway translated into Afrikaans at the back-end, so you will have to navigate with the icons…

The most important thing is the extra ticket fields not showing up. If you can please help with that 1st.

Thank you.

Geoff B.

Hey Mister Peri,

Thank you for writing back. Actually I had not registered for this stage at all, but I just did.
    I am pretty sure I am the only one with a @tri.be email address 🙂

Since you cannot take the site down, even for a minute, our best shot would you be for me you try To reproduce this on my end.

Could you please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

While you are at it, it would be awesome if you could package the different plug-ins found on that site as well.
    Of course, please do so in a private reply.

Hang in there as we figure this out.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Mr. Peri
    Participant

I can’t find you in the user list. Please send me your email address then I can just add you.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Extra ticket fields not showing & Ticket not allowing editing and re-save’ is closed to new replies.