exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    qm
    Participant

Hello Courtney,
    It is Ofer (on the name of Olga that has the account). I have just bought the Event Calendar Pro, and will follow your instructions. The version in the old version is: “Events Calendar Pro” Version 1.2 | Par Shane & Peter, Inc.

I’ll let you know if working.

Thank you and all the best,
    Ofer

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/exporting-from-events-calendar-pro-by-shane-to-the-events-calendar/

Courtney

Hey Ofer

I’ve rolled your account history back in time to be able to download Events Calendar Pro v2.0.

Head to https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/. Then select the older version. Let’s start with v2 of Events Calendar Pro.

Also, pick up The Events Calendar v2 from https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/advanced/ (bottom of the page).

Keep the versions paired until you reach v4.

I’d suggest starting with v2 and then go up manually to v 2.5, then 3, etc. Always update the free version first. Ideally, conduct these tests on a We recommend conducting these tests on a staging server (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/creating-using-wordpress-staging-site/).

Let me know how going up to v2 goes.

Good Luck!
    Courtney 🙂

qm
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

So I tried with v.2 and had a fatal error when tried to activate it, then I removed.
    Could you suggest me what to do?

Thanks
    Ofer

Courtney

Hi Ofer

Can you start then with the next version higher of The Events Calendar than what you have from https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar/advanced/ and work up to v2? Do not install Events Calendar Pro until we get The Events Calendar up to v2 for now.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

qm
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

I will do so, but before that, I have a suggestion: maybe we should update the older version a bit, then there will be not such a big gap between the versions? Is it possible (the WP does not suggest an update probably because you changed the company)?
    A small request, could you please answer my questions a bit faster, since we have a small preasure to put the new site live really soon.

Thank you
    Ofer

Courtney

Hi Ofer

I’ll do all I can to stay with you through this. Our work schedule can vary, but I check for responses several times per week day.

Yes, small incremental updates for the earliest versions may work best. Bring The Events Calendar up through the 1.x versions to version 2 with small steps.

Can you advance just 1 point release forward? Does it error there as well?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

qm
    Participant

Thank you, Courtney, for the quick reply. Could you please let me know how to upgrade the old version on the old website? Should I download it from somewhere? As I mentioned, the version there is: “Events Calendar Pro” Version 1.2 | Par Shane & Peter, Inc.

Thank you,
    Ofer

Cliff

Hi, Ofer. I’m jumping in to give some additional support here.

To reiterate what Courtney already said, you should first try upgrading from each major version (1.x to 2.x to 3.x to 4.x). If that’s not working, you might need to try the minor versions (1.x to 2.0.x to 2.1.x to 2.2.x … 3.0.x, 3.1.x, 3.2.x … etc.)

Because our automatic updater only updates to the latest version, not allowing for incremental updates, you will need to manually update each version.

To be honest, I don’t think anyone around here is intimately familiar with the upgrade path from your 1.x version to the current versions so it’ll just need to be trial-and-error on your part, and you’ll need to plan accordingly for the time required to perform this task.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

Before you begin your upgrade task:

• Make sure your WordPress core version is at the latest version
    • Make sure all your non-Modern Tribe plugins are deactivated
    • Make sure you’re using a WordPress default theme like Twenty Fifteen, Twenty Sixteen, Twenty Seventeen, etc.
    • Enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages).

Once you start updating on your staging site, look out for that debug.log file and any debug messages you see while upgrading. If you hit an error, leave your staging site as-is and report the messages from your debug.log file. Then we’ll figure out how to proceed — either needing to start over at a previous checkpoint/downgrade or tweaking some code to avoid the error and then try proceeding with the next version to try updating to.

To recap:

1. Restorable backup — the Duplicator plugin works nicely and its Zips can be shared to us if needed (please check the box to exclude the uploads folder if it’s large)
    2. Try things only on a staging site
    3. Latest WP version
    4. Deactivate other plugins
    5. A default WP theme
    6. WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG

You can get all the old versions (back to version 2.0) from your account’s Downloads area: https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

After manually updating, I’d recommend clicking around your site (including the wp-admin Events area and the front-end Events area) before trying to update to the next version.

It’ll also be good for you to keep a notepad around to keep track of the upgrade paths that do and do not work. For example, 1.2 –> 2.1 might work even though 1.2 –> 2.0 might not work.

Hopefully these instructions and tips help you get up-to-date soon. We’re all rooting for you! Let us know how things go.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘exporting from "Events Calendar Pro" by Shane’ is closed to new replies.