Exporting events to .ics adjusts the events' time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Exporting events to .ics adjusts the events' time

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cityofpasadena
    Participant

When we use an option to export events from a single view or from a month view, and then import it the resulting .ics file to Outlook, the times of events are wrong, they are 1 hour late. The wordpress is set to use Los Angeles Timezone code. Why is this time difference occurs? and how can we fix it? We have had this problem for a while, so it wasn’t a result of any recent updates.

cityofpasadena
    Participant

Any progress on this?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support and sorry for the delay. We have had an influx of tickets.

In regards to your issue, when you go to Events > Settings are you able to tell me what the timezone settings are set to there?

I did export an event but the timezone doesn’t validate in the ics file so something is corrupted.

Also, to get you started on troubleshooting: First, please make sure you are using the most current versions of all of our plugins. You can also try reinstalling them by following these instructions. If that doesn’t help, the next step in troubleshooting this is going to be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (with WP_DEBUG enabled). If you need a testing environment, the free WP Staging plugin will let you create a quick copy of your live site that you can use for testing.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Exporting events to .ics adjusts the events' time’ is closed to new replies.