Exported events need to be in UTC Timezone

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Exported events need to be in UTC Timezone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jim Foreman
    Participant

The Facebook Imports are working perfectly, but I’m running into an issue with the “Export Month’s Events” button. In the iCal file, the event is listed in the same timezone as the website (America/Chicago) but it needs to be in UTC. How do I keep the events on the website displaying in our local time and the iCal export in UTC?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello bluesmokellc and thanks for reaching out!

I’m afraid that exporting in a different timezone is not available out of the box.

If you think that is something you would like as a feature I encourage you to visit our User Voice Page and either upvote an existing request or make a new request there.
    http://tribe.uservoice.com/

It maybe could be done with some customization, however we are quite limited in supporting customizations. Here is a list of developers though, who could possibly help you out. They are well known names in the community and are not affiliated with us:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Jim Foreman
    Participant

Is there a way to sync my events with Google Calendar? I hate to add another link in the chain, but I’m looking to either get this resolved quickly or I’m going to have to find another solution altogether.

I’ve used Google Calendar feeds successfully in the past, but I haven’t seen a solution yet that would allow me to automatically send events on my WordPress site to a Google Calendar. Does such a solution exist for The Events Calendar?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again bluesmokellc,

I’m afraid I don’t have good news. Our plugin is capable of getting events from a Google Calendar, but it cannot push events to a Google Calendar.

As for exporting all events in UTC timezone, we may be able to help show you custom code to make generating iCal files with event times in UTC, but there is unfortunately no way to do it easily. There are no filters to do it, for example, so that means you would have to modify core plugin code – and so after each plugin update, the changes would be overwritten and lost, and you would have to add the changes back.

I am sorry to bear these news, but hope this information is clear and helps you proceed.

Maybe you can contact one of these developers, who are well known names in the community and are not affiliated with us. They might be able to help you with your customization.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Jim Foreman
    Participant

I’m relatively comfortable with modifiying the code if you can give me some direction.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey there,

Sure thing. If you want to experiment with it, then head into theĀ wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\src\Tribe\iCal.php file and look up the generate_ical_feed() method (line 211). There you will need to rework the time and timezone-related code.

I hope this helps you get started.

And I believe our technical docs might come in handy as well:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/functions

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Exported events need to be in UTC Timezone’ is closed to new replies.