Excluding specific dates not working on recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Excluding specific dates not working on recurring events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jill Beim
    Participant

We have several weekly recurring events set up with specific dates excluded. The excluded dates continue to display on the calendar view (Monthly, weekly and Daily) as well as in the upcoming events widget. The dates were excluded correctly (that is, did not display on the calendar) when we originally set them up (I think the version of Events Calendar Pro was 3.9.? when the events were set up). But after the last couple of updates (we have 4.0.3 installed), the excluded events started showing up again.

I noticed that when I open up the series and look at the excluded dates (see https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqirxsofqin23bj/recur-event-settings-2.jpg?dl=0), the dates that we entered when the event was set up show a date and time (2015-11-04 19:00:00) whereas the excluded dates entered after installing version 4+ only show the date (2016-01-06). I’m thinking this is pointing to the issue (maybe a bad date/time comparison in the code to display events?) because the excluded dates that have a time as well as a date are excluded in the calendar views but the events that do NOT show a time with the date continue to display on the calendar views.

This image shows that the excluded Event (named echo) for 12-2-15 does not display on monthly calendar view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oghgdw5347924xy/recur-event-montly-display.jpg?dl=0 This is an excluded date that contains the date and time.

This image shows that the excluded event named echo for 1-6-2016 continues to display on the daily calendar view: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnv728ezzlkd894/recur-event-daily-display.jpg?dl=0 It also displays in the upcoming events widget: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8eqyn2ena8u5thj/recur-event-widget-display.jpg?dl=0 This is an excluded date that contains just the date

Barry

Hi Jill,

I’m sorry to hear you have been experiencing difficulties.

The initial screenshot you shared is a little hard to read so I’m not sure quite how precisely my attempt to replicate was but, using a weekly recurring event with two date-based exclusions, I found everything worked as expected.

To better illustrate, here’s what I tried initially:

• Created an event beginning 2016-01-09
    • Recurring weekly for 6 weeks
    • Added an exclusion for 2016-01-23
    • Added an exclusion for 2016-02-06

The expected set of events, with two “gaps”, was generated. Further changes such as moving the initial date back (and adjusting the exception dates accordingly), or increasing the number of event instances, did not result in any other anomalies.

Even so, there could be a subtle but important difference in what we’re both doing here. Are you able to break down into concrete steps a ‘test pattern’ that would let me replicate this?

Could you also provide your system information (by private reply) so I can look at your settings and see what other plugins are running in parallel to our own?

Thanks!

Jill Beim
    Participant

Here is another screenshot that shows the exclusions that have a time specified along with the date: https://www.dropbox.com/s/56hjubu07zx71my/recur-event-exclusions.jpg?dl=0

I think the piece that you’re missing is that new events with exclusions are working, but adding exclusions to events that were entered prior to version 4 are not working. And again, I think that has something to do with the time being part of the exclusion date.

So I cannot reproduce it unless I were to able to downgrade the Events Calendar Pro plugin to a version prior to 4.0.

I’ll include system information for you in a separate private reply.

Thanks for your help.

Jill Beim
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Hi Jill,

I appreciate the extra information – I did indeed initially miss your point about creating the event in an older release.

That said, I still seem unable to replicate. Going back to 3.12, when arbitrary recurrence (and exclusions) were first made available in a public release, I don’t find that time information is recorded – it does not appear visually nor in the database. Fast forwarding to our current release doesn’t change this and I do not encounter the same difficulties you have described.

So, I’m a little perplexed – especially as I don’t know of other users detailing exactly this scenario. If you delete those exceptions (the problematic ones that include times) and recreate them does the problem resolve itself?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Excluding specific dates not working on recurring events’ is closed to new replies.