Excerpts not being imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Excerpts not being imported

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

Hi,

when I import events from one site to another, the excerpts are not being imported at all. Because of this the description of an event is displayed in the list view for example instead of the excerpt.
    How can I fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance!

Hunter

Welcome back, Christopher 🙂

What method are you using to import events from one site to another? You can try adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php file to limit the excerpt length:

function custom_excerpt_length( $length ) {
    return 20;
    }
    add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'custom_excerpt_length', 999 );

Adjust the ‘20‘ value to whatever length you’d like. I look forward to your response and take care!

Christopher
    Participant

Hi,

I basically use the iCal Importer without any specific changes.
    Everything works fine (event title, description, details,…) except of the excerpt, which is not being imported.

In this case your snippet unfortunately doesnt’t help at all.

Hunter

Christopher,

Do you mind sending me an example of a file you’re working with? Excerpts should get imported with your .csv files. I just tested to reproduce the issue using the sample events file on our CSV file examples and options KB article and the excerpts were imported properly.

If you haven’t already reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide to rule out both theme and plugin conflicts, it is a required step to receive more support. Please let me know what you find after running through that guide.

Thank you and have a good afternoon. Cheers!

Christopher
    Participant

Hi,

Actually we don’t work with any files.
    On site abc.com we have The Events Calendar with Event Tickets Plus installed, on site xyz.com we have The Events Calendar with iCal Importer installed. Now we use the Importer with an iCal URL of site abc.com to automatically import the events from site abc.com to xyz.com and display them in a list view.
    As we don’t need any registration form on site xyz.com we don’t need to install Events Ticket Plus there. Could this be a reason for the problem?

Thank you for your patience.

Hunter

Hey Christopher,

Thank you for the response.

As we don’t need any registration form on site xyz.com we don’t need to install Events Ticket Plus there. Could this be a reason for the problem?

That shouldn’t have anything to do with the behavior you’re experiencing.

I can confirm the behavior you’ve described, so I went ahead and logged a bug report for the developers to review. I can’t guarantee if nor when a fix will be released, but please refer to our plugin changelogs and Release Notes for that kind of information.

Thanks again and sorry I don’t have a workaround in the mean time. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or comments on the matter. Take care!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to update you on this issue (excerpt not being imported from an iCal feed). The thing is ics format doesn’t support an excerpt field. Since a while back Event Aggregator has a ‘Other URL’ import option that let’s you import events from another The Events Calendar site. This options carries over the excerpt 🙂

Read more about it here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Excerpts not being imported’ is closed to new replies.