events without tickets not showing up when slider set to $0

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar events without tickets not showing up when slider set to $0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    kevinkliu
    Participant

Hi team,

similar to this post: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/price-range-filter-bar-events-without-tickets-not-shown/

I have events on this site: http://www.tinpanrva.com/calendar/

Some of my events do not require tickets, and I would like those events to show up when the user slides the cost filter slider down to $0.

Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Hi there, Kevin! Thanks for getting in touch.

If you head over to Events > Settings > Filters, then you can set the Cost filter so that the “Events are considered free when the cost field is” option is “Empty or set to zero” (screenshot). This will allow both Free events and events with an empty cost to show up when the Filter Bar price range is at zero.

Does this help answer your question? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

kevinkliu
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Unfortunately, my settings were already set that way and it’s still not working.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Geoff

Thanks for following up, Kevin!

What happens if you add a cost of “0” to the event? Does it display then?

Cheers!
    Geoff

kevinkliu
    Participant

Hi geoff,

The problem is that since I’m using the woocommerce tickets add-on, I would have to create a ticket to set a price of $0 and I don’t want to create tickets for $0-cost events, since those events are not ticketed. Creating a ticket would confuse my customers.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Geoff

Ah, gotcha. Thanks for clarifying.

I do get one result when I set the Filter Bar cost range to zero: http://www.tinpanrva.com/calendar/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1&tribe_event_display=list&tribe_cost=0-0

Is there a reason this event shows up in the results and this event does not? In other words, are both events set up the same or in a different way that would prevent the latter from also showing up in the filter query? Strangely, the layout for the first event seems to be slightly different than the second, if you look closely.

A couple of other things to try:

• Use different slugs for the calendar and events. I noticed that both use “/calendar” but using the same slug can introduce quirks. For example, you might want to try “/calendar” for the calendar and “/show” for events.
    • Check calendar versions. We just updated The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar PRO last week. Are you running the latest version 3.9.1 for both? If not, please try updating and see if you notice a difference.

Lastly, I see that you noted trying to deactivate all other plugins and reverting to a default WordPress theme. Did you notice any change under those conditions? If you haven’t already, please follow the steps in our Testing for Conflicts Guide and confirm whether you notice any change.

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Kevin! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to start a new thread if you need anything else and we’d be happy to help you out. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘events without tickets not showing up when slider set to $0’ is closed to new replies.