Price range filter bar: events without tickets not shown

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Price range filter bar: events without tickets not shown

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hello,

Please see https://expatclub.org/events/.

I’ve just added the price range on the filter bar, since some people would possibly only want to see the free events. I understand that when the price field is left empty or has a 0, then they will be shown if both levers are drawn to 0. However, for some events I don’t want people to reserve a free ticket. Is there a way of adding events without a ticket to the 0-category?

Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Hey there!

That’s correct: the Filter Bar will display both Free and no-cost events when the Cost range is set to $0-$0, by default.

You can head over to Events > Settings > Filters and change the Cost setting so that events are considered “free” only when the cost is specifically set to zero (screenshot). However, there is no way to do the reverse, which is to only consider events “free” is the cost field is left blank.

Does that help clarify things a bit? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey, just checking in to see if you had any follow-up questions–please let me know. 🙂

Cheers,
    Geoff

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hey Geoff. Super nice you got back to me on this because I still need some help. I am namely not sure you understood my question. Whenever I add event that has NO ticket at all, which is in my group by definition a free event (or at least I won’t charge anything), then those events do not show up when the filter is set at 0. Only those events with a ticket added in the backend that is set at 0 or without a price, show up when the filter is set at zero.

I don’t want people to have to go through the registration process and fill out all the details. For instance, if there is a public event such as a free concert or a festival, I may just want people to know where we’ll meet. Whoever wants to show up, shows up. For my events with a free ticket, it means I either want to know who is coming or I want to set a limit of tickets available.

Does this make sense? So my concrete question is whether the filter can also show all events that have no ticket attached to them?

Thanks for your help!

Geoff

Hey there–thanks for following up!

Yeah, we’re on the same page but I’m afraid that my first answer may not have been totally clear. My apologies!

The Filter Bar will display both Events that have Free tickets and free Events that have no tickets if the Cost Filter settings under Events > Settings > Filters are set up to do so.

For example, you can leave the Cost Field of your free Events at 0, publish them, and they will display when the Cost Filter range is set to $0-$0, even if there is no ticket attached to the event.

Thanks for helping clarify your question! I hope this helps clarify the answer as well. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

xrossglobalgroup
    Participant

Hey Geoff, Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately it still doesn’t work. Please check the calendar yourself at http://www.expatclub.org/events. When I set it to 0, no events are shown. I feel there is something wrong with the filter bar, at least for the price part (the levers are also acting strange, shifting over one another and going to minus even).

You see Carpe Noctem. This one has no ticket attached to it, except for the Eventbrite ticketing box, but in TEC / Woo there are no tickets/products. When I fully open it from 0 to 109 you see all events. When I close it (both 0), nothing appears whereas I have several options:
    * Carpe Noctem has no tickets attached
    * Coffee event on 2/2 has a 0 cost ticket (0 was entered in price field)
    * Lunch @ O Liban on 25/1 has also a 0 cost ticket (0 was NOT entered in price field)

So nohting shows up when I select both on 0, and even when I select the higher price lever to 20 or 50, nothing shows up. Only when I take the full range, then the free tickets show up.

In the backend (Events –> Settings –> Filter) I have selected the 3 available filters. Under Title I have “Cost (€)”. Under type I have range slider. And under “events are considered free when cost field is” –> “Empty or set to zero”

Did I miss a setting, or is it indeed not working as described above?

Geoff

That is certainly strange! I was unable to replicate the issue in my own tests, so I wonder if there is a theme or plugin conflict at play.

Will you please follow the steps in our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if you find any conflicts while testing?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there! This thread’s been quiet for more than a couple of weeks, so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if anything else pops up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Price range filter bar: events without tickets not shown’ is closed to new replies.