Events with limited tickets shown as "unlimited available"

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Events with limited tickets shown as "unlimited available"

• This topic has 0 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Greg Perham.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Greg Perham
    Participant

All tickets where we have specified a capacity are shown as having “unlimited available.” This happens both on our production site, and on a clean installation. The plugin is completely broken and unusable because of this bug!

In addition, ETP is causing a fatal error with EDD.
    Notice: Object of class EDD_Download could not be converted to int in localhost/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-post.php on line 236

Notice: Object of class EDD_Download could not be converted to int in localhost/wordpress/wp-includes/class-wp-post.php on line 236

Recoverable fatal error: Object of class EDD_Download could not be converted to string in localhost/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/easy-digital-downloads/includes/download-functions.php on line 201

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with the ticket capacity. I will try to help you get this sorted.

While I am unable to reproduce this in my testing environment, I have seen a few other reports of the ticket capacity issue come in today. Some of the other users reporting this are using WooCommerce and not Easy Digital Downloads, so that doesn’t appear to be the cause. I will add your report to the ticket.

As to the EDD errors you are seeing. There is another ticket that has just been created for this. So far, it appears to be a separate issue than the capacity problem.

Thanks for reporting these problems to us. I cannot say exactly when this will be addressed, but someone will follow up here with you once these issues have been fixed and ready for release.

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Greg,

In the meantime, you can downgrade EDD to version 2.8.18. (This bug only occurs while having EDD version 2.9 and the latest versions of TEC, ET, ET+ installed)

Thanks,
    Sky

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release —> https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-25-march-2018/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Jaime

Ivan Beemster
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I see, thanks. The plugin was already updated, and I see the stock is reduced on all tickets when I place an order now.

It is not entirely smooth just yet though. As you can see on the site, not all tickets have exactly the same availability: 3 have 24, 1 has 23 tickets available. When ordering one, this becomes 23 and 22 respectively.

Ivan

Ivan Beemster
    Participant

Hold all horses! After deleting my test order, all tickets are in tune. Maybe just a coincidence, so will do some more testing later and report :].

Ivan

Sky
    Keymaster

Ivan,

Thanks for the update! Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Sky

Greg Perham
    Participant

The fatal error has been fixed.

Before any purchases are made, the correct number of tickets is displayed.

However, after 1 purchase, the total available has been reduced by 3; then, after reloading the page a few times—0.

I think the specific issues in this thread are resolved, however we still can’t use the plugin because of the other issue with the available quantity.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still having problems with this. Since the original issues have been fixed and this post has been marked as “resolved,” can you please create a new post in the forum with the other ticketing issue?

Thanks,
    Sky

Greg Perham
    Participant
    Sky
    Keymaster

Great, thanks!

Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Events with limited tickets shown as "unlimited available"’ is closed to new replies.