Events Venues being labelled in

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events Venues being labelled in

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar
    Participant

This is the oddest thing ever. So like more than half the events I’m importing from my FB page have the venue title in arabic. They are not arabic on Facebook. Like the venue might be “Boston, MA” and instead of the venue title being “Boston, MA” it’s arabic for Boston, MA.

Nico

Howdy Gunnar,

Welcome to our support forums and thanks for reaching out to us!

Let me start by saying this is indeed a weird issue I’ve never seen before! Can you please send me over the Facebook events ID (or page ID) you are importing from? I’d like to try to reproduce this locally in my test site.

Also, I don’t see any Arabic related configuration in your site. Is the Facebook profile in which you created the Facebook APP in an Arabic language or something you can relate?

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Gunnar
    Participant

Hi Nico! Yeah I manually changed all the venue titles back to English so you won’t see them in Arabic on the site now. Yeah yes nothing is configured for Arabic at all that I’m aware of. I will go double check the Facebook app side, that’s something I hadn’t checked / thought of. I know I for sure didn’t SET anything to Arabic though.

The facebook page we’re pulling from is:
    https://www.facebook.com/driveforresponsibility

The live site is:

Home

Nico

Thanks for sending that over Gunnar!

I could run a test in my local install and all the venues are being imported correctly, so not sure what happened there! I’d say keep an eye open and let me know if this happens again (I’ll set the thread to ‘Pending Fix’ so it doesn’t get auto closed). Be sure to check the Facebook side settings but I guess it might be a momentary glitch.

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey Gunnar,

Just wondering if this issue came up again? In case not do you think we are good to close this thread out?

Best,
    Nico

Gunnar
    Participant

As a matter of fact it has… it seems to only be when I use a City as the venue location on Facebook and then import it. Normal locations like a school or business don’t seem to have the issue, just Cities. Weird.

Nico

That’s indeed Weird!

Have you switched to Event Aggregator? It’s our new importer plugin I wonder if this still an issue with it. If you are not sure what I’m talking about please check out this article → Moving to Event Aggregator.

Also, if you an send a sample Facebook event URL in which the location is a city I’ll try this on my end as well.

Thanks,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Venues being labelled in’ is closed to new replies.