Events to Outlook with Wrong Time

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events to Outlook with Wrong Time

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael Magestro
    Participant
    Michael Magestro
    Participant

Although the dates are showing up correct, we see the following errors in Outlook. Can you please advise on this? Thanks.

Caroline

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for taking the time to bring this ongoing issue back to our attention! I’ve added this thread to our bug ticket and adjusted the priority upwards accordingly. We’ll be sure to follow up with an update as soon as there’s news to share on the progress of an official fix!

Thanks again, and let us know if there’s anything else that we can do for you!

Michael Magestro
    Participant

Although these fixes are working with desktop version of Outlook, they do not work at all with OWA (Outlook Web Application)

Can you please update the plugin that will fix the ical feed for both versions of Outlook?

Michael Magestro
    Participant

1) To see the total (public + private) picture of all events on one consolidated calendar, office staff syncs the website calendar to Outlook on their desktop PCs. This is done with the iCal subscribe button that sits below the monthly calendar grid on the website. We have this working on the Outlook desktops, but the sync process throws warnings about the time zone for each imported ICS event. The problems are described later below.

2) We also use smartphones, and here’s where it gets tricky: The goal state is to use OWA (Outlook Web App) as it has the best support for sync’ing from Exchange. However, due to the ICS problems alluded-to above, only the all-day events from Events Calendar Pro are coming through. It appears OWA is rejecting the regular events (i.e., the ones with a start and stop time). My guess is that OWA is outright rejecting the events because of the time zone spec problem where as desktop Outlook only throws warnings about the time zones. We also looked into sync’ing to the native calendar apps on smartphones instead of using OWA. On iPhone, our website calendar sync works just fine, but such is not the case with Exchange. We also looked into google calendar; the sync works from Events Calendar Pro, but not from Exchange. So, OWA is seen as the ultimate solution pending the fix to Events Calendar Pro.

Caroline

Hi Michael,

Thanks so much for following up to provide some more information here! I’ve noted your insights regarding different calendar applications to our ongoing bug ticket for this issue–we appreciate you taking the time to share!

Unfortunately, I’m afraid that we don’t have any new information to relay regarding the progress of this bug. 🙁 For now, we suggest continuing to use the recommended fix where needed to ensure proper functionality of your external calendars. We’ll be sure to post again on this thread once we’ve made some progress towards shipping a fix for this bug! Thanks again for your patience and understanding, and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you should have any other questions!

Barry

Hi Michael,

It’s been a while but I wanted to share an update. We plan to solve this in the future via a free extension, which users can optionally install (not everyone is impacted by this problem and, after review, it was decided that it did not make sense to make the required changes from within our core plugins).

I’m going to close this topic for the time being, but once the new extension is ready we will re-open this and let you know.

Thanks!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Just wanted to let you know that a new maintenance release is out, including a fix for this issue with exporting events to Outlook. This is in the core plugin – no extension needed!

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/announcing-the-events-calendar-4-9-4-and-events-calendar-pro-4-7-4/

Please try updating and let us know if you are experiencing any further issues. As always, we recommend running updates on your staging site before doing so on your live site, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Events to Outlook with Wrong Time’ is closed to new replies.