Events Tickets Plus – Will It Function As Required?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Events Tickets Plus – Will It Function As Required?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vincenth
    Participant

We already have the events calendar pro, and the ticketing aspect of it is pretty terrible.

Our events are weekly, online webinars. The whole recurring events and tickets thing is still a major bug, but it can at least be worked around with creating recurring events, then breaking events, then adding RSVPs to each event. Same with the organizer getting an email when someone registers for an event, it was fixed via editing the php, which you’d think would be a default option.

Now, with the tickets customers actually receive, there’s no way to edit the information. Our customers don’t need a ticket #, and I still haven’t found anywhere where the security code is relevant. I’d like to remove these fields entirely, and instead include something useful like an actual link to the event, a description, ANYTHING other than just nothing and two irrelevant fields.

Which of the additional plugins would allow us to configure the following options:

1) Easier use of recurring event tickets, and informing organizers of an RSVP
    2) FULLY custom tickets, adding and removing fields and adding text/links/images

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Vincent!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Event Ticket or Event Tickets Plus does not currently support tickets for recurring events. Like you say, the only workaround is to break the event out of its series and then create tickets for it.

We are currently working on a revamp of the recurring events functionality that would allow recurring tickets to be added. You can add your vote to this uservoice > https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets

FULLY custom tickets, adding and removing fields and adding text/links/images

Unfortunately, there is no plugin to accomplish this. However, you can fully customize the look and feel of the ticket email by making a template customization of the ticket email template, following one of the methods described in our Themer’s Guide

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

vincenth
    Participant

The problem with adding my vote to that ticket is it was opened 5 years ago. It’s still on the “long term” roadmap. All the issues I’ve raised are in the 5 most requested feature ideas, and all are 5+ years old with hundreds of votes.

Between Eventbrite, Events Ticket Plus, and Community Tickets, there isn’t a way to add a line of text to the emails the customers get? I don’t see why I can’t turn off things like the security code that is seemingly randomly generated and used nowhere else in any admin configuration. I don’t think this should take php edits any time I want to do this. Events tickets has a description field under advanced settings, why wouldn’t that show up on the emails as well as the front end?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Vincent,

I’m sorry to hear that all of the features you are looking for are not yet within our plugins functionality. Feature requests prioritization does not just depend on the number of votes. In the case for recurring events tickets, this requires a complete redesign and development of how the recurring events system works.

It does not always make sense to build the most requested features first. We also have to weigh this against how long the feature takes to build. You might have 500 users request one feature, yet in the time it takes to build it you can build 10 other feature requests which thousands have collectively requested.

Between Eventbrite, Events Ticket Plus, and Community Tickets, there isn’t a way to add a line of text to the emails the customers get?

Not without some custom coding. We do have a list of extensions that enhance the ticketing functionalities > https://theeventscalendar.com/?s=&match%5Btribe_ecp_product_links%5D%5B%5D=event-tickets-plus&match%5Btribe_ecp_product_links%5D%5B%5D=event-tickets&post_type%5B%5D=tribe-extensions&submit=Filter

The security code is generated as a security measure against fake tickets when checking-in your attendees. This is also used by our Event Tickets Plus app > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/#etp-app

Events tickets has a description field under advanced settings, why wouldn’t that show up on the emails as well as the front end?

I think it’s just a design decision. But you can totally show the ticket description by customizing the ticket email. In the following thread Brian describes how you can do this > https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tickets-dont-show-the-ticket-description/ The code itself may be outdated, but the principle remains the same.

We are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions. However, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

If you need further help customizing our plugins, we suggest hiring a suitable developer > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-development/

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Events Tickets Plus – Will It Function As Required?’ is closed to new replies.