Events start times are not importing correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Events start times are not importing correctly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

I’ve checked timezones for each site, and everything is correct. Start time should be 10:00 AM CST, importing at 12:00 AM CST.

Here’s the original event: https://lcadmissions.lincolncollege.edu/event/fall-open-house/

Here’s the imported event: https://lincolncollege.edu/event/fall-open-house/

Hunter

Hey Barnabas!

Welcome back. Before we dig much further, do the conflicting times still occur after reviewing our Testing for conflicts guide and Working with timezones KB articles?

Let me know how it goes and have a great rest of your Monday. Cheers!

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

Timezones are correct. No conflicts that I know of. The timezones are not the issue, it’s the start date. It imports at 12:00 am (start of day) rather than 10:00 am (actual time of event). The end date is correct on both the import and the original.

This is an ASAP fix for the several hundred dollar events cal pro multisite plugin (under Lincon College account). Can I get a little more attention please?

Hunter

Welcome back and thank you for your patience,

Can you provide a copy of the file you’re importing and I’ll try to reproduce the issue? Also, when you say, “No conflicts that I know of.” Can you confirm you ran through our Testing for conflicts guide as instructed? We’ll need to make sure the issue still occurs with the default WP theme and only our plugins active before going any further.

Thanks again and have a great Wednesday 🙂

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

Thanks Hunter. I’m going through the guide now. FYI, it’s happening to ALL events, so it’s critical this gets fixed soon. The school year just started and every event is showing with a start date of 12:00 am. All the end dates are fine, however.

I will update you once I run through the Testing for Conflicts guide.

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

I went through the guide, disabled theme overrides and checked for javascript errors. I ran the importer again and nada. Still the same issue. Help!

Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

I disabled an addition to the funtions.php file, at the suggestion of your support techs, that enables full year import of events (rather than the default 1 month). I ran the import again, but this made no difference, either.

Here is that code:

add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'cliff_tribe_custom_time_range_ics_export' );
    function cliff_tribe_custom_time_range_ics_export( WP_Query $query ) {
    	if ( ! isset( $_GET['ical'] ) || ! isset( $_GET['year-feed'] ) ) {
    		return;
    	}
    	if ( ! isset( $query->tribe_is_event_query ) || ! $query->tribe_is_event_query ) {
    		return;
    	}
    	$query->set( 'eventDisplay',  'custom' );
    	$query->set( 'start_date',    'now' );
    	$query->set( 'end_date',      '+ 365 days' ); // http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php
    	$query->set( 'posts_per_page', -1 );
    }
    Barnabas Helmy
    Participant

Please help, folks. This is super critical to my site. ALL THE DATES ARE SHOWING 1 DAY PREVIOUS TO THE ACTUAL START DATE! This is due to the start dates being imported at 12:00 am.

My client is a college with over 1500 visits/day and classes started this week. This is a recent issue and it could not have happened at a worse time!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

The issues appears to be in the latest version of iCal.

To fix the issue please downgrade to iCal Importer 4.2.3

You can download the older versions from your account here on theeventscalendar.com

From there you can either delete and then reimport everything or load the site from a backup.

That will protect your events from changing then until we can get a fix out for this, which we are working on.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Brian.
    Nico

Hey there, just a heads up that we released iCal Importer 4.2.5 and it included a fix for this issue. Please do update when you have the chance and definitely let us know if you continue to have any issues at all.

Thanks so much for reporting this and for your patience while we worked on a fix.

Cheers,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Events start times are not importing correctly’ is closed to new replies.