Events showing as passed when they are not

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events showing as passed when they are not

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    moderntribe
    Participant

Hi, Andrew!

My name is Paul; I’m one of the lead developers on The Events Calendar, and am definitely interested in trying to get to the bottom of your issue. So yeah, if we could shoot us (not in the thread, obviously) credentials so we can see the admin-portion of the staging site and create some events of our own to try and narrow down the issue, that would be great. No guarantees, but we’re definitely getting closer and I am optimistic that we’ll find a solution.

Thanks!
    – P

Barry

Hi Andrew: just checking in here – did you send across those credentials (if so I haven’t seen them as yet) and do you still require further support on this one?

Andrew
    Participant

HI guys. Thanks for all the updates. I am just catching up on messages as been away from the office most of the past couple days. I am definitely still in on this one, and will try to get a full response (and credentials) posted tomorrow for the staging site.

Cheers, AB.

Barry

Thanks – we’ll look out for that 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

Hi guys. I have sent over the credentials email, marked for your attention as requested.
    Thanks again for looking into this.
    Best wishes, Andrew.

moderntribe
    Participant

Hi, Andrew!

Thanks for the credentials; I’ve just been over at the staging site looking into the problem. I did notice that PRO isn’t installed on the environment—I was curious if it ever was installed and was then uninstalled? Thinking that *might* have something to do with the redirect-to-venue-page problem, though I’m certainly not convinced—but it certainly would be a lead. Let me know, and I’ll continue to investigate meanwhile. Thanks, Andrew!

– P

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Paul. No I haven’t installed PRO on this one at all, but would have thought I didn’t need to use PRO to make the plugin work?

Thanks again, Andrew.

Barry

Hi Andrew.

Unfortunately we haven’t quite narrowed down the cause of this problem, so what we’re going to suggest here is trying out the 3.0 beta.

If you’re game to try that out then you will of course need the latest beta version of the plugin … I’m not sure if you’ve already requested a copy from Rob or not but, if not, please go ahead and do so or else email me at [email protected] – marking the email FAO Barry and linking back to this thread and I’ll be happy to provide a copy.

We’re basically interested in seeing if the new code in that version resolves this for you. I would stress that it is beta code and not intended for use in production/live environments, but it would definitely be worthwhile trying it out in your staging area.

I look forward to hearing from you 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Barry. I’d be more than happy to trial 3.0 in the staging area, assuming of course you can lend any support that’s needed for parts of it which are unfamiliar.

I’ll send an email over to Rob and yourself now as suggested.

Best wishes, AB

Barry

I’ve sent 3.0 across to you 🙂

Andrew
    Participant

Thanks Barry. Do I simply replace the existing plugin file with this one? Or does this go inside of it?

Barry

Hi Andrew,

If you unpack that .zip (and then unpack it again) you’ll basically see that there are three plugins that we sent to you – the idea would be to deactivate and delete the original plugins and upload and activate these new ones.

If that didn’t work then a further step could be to rebuild the site from scratch (in the staging area of course) using these new versions, just in case existing database entries are tainted in some way.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have further questions.

Barry

Just checking in to see how you got on here/if you need further assistance?

Andrew
    Participant

Hi there. Still needing assistance, just not been able to run the 3.0 yet. Hoping to have it done asap and will report straight back in here.

Barry

Great!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Events showing as passed when they are not’ is closed to new replies.