Events showing as passed when they are not

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Events showing as passed when they are not

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hello there.
    Events being posted are showing as passed on the front end when they are not, but only on single events page). They are still showing correctly on the list (I am hiding the calendar view), including showing the correct date. But on the individual event page, it is just coming up as having passed. The dates are correct in the backend.

When an event is posted it would seem to display fine. It would seem at this stage that it is when an event is edited in the back-end that this issue arises on the front-end.

And yes, I have deactivated every single plugin and switched to twentyten, twentyeleven and twentytwelve. It doesn’t work.

This is a live site, please help asap.

*** FURTHER UPDATE ***
    This is really strange behaviour. What seems to be happening is that I click on the event link in the events list. That target link shows correctly as (for example) http://www.nicolamorgan.com/event-page/make-a-publisher-say-yes/ but the link does not arrive there. Instead it directs to http://www.nicolamorgan.com/venue/waterstones/ and shows the event passed notice.

IN FACT even pasting the correct URL (e.g. http://www.nicolamorgan.com/event-page/make-a-publisher-say-yes/ ) into the browser still redirects.

This is an urgent issue and I would really appreciate your help.

David

I have had reports of this also from the website admin but I have been unable to replicate it.

Andrew
    Participant

Hi David.

I’m confused. Which website admin have y6ou had reports from? I am the admin for the site.

David

Sorry, was referring to the content admin for the website I built.

Andrew
    Participant

Ah okay. I see that a similar issue was meant to have been fixed with a recent update. Hoping I can get some response on this asap.

Barry

@David, please feel free to monitor this thread but to avoid confusion it would be great if you could create your own.

@Andrew, can you confirm that you have tried our standard troubleshooting steps, or else now take the time to run through them:

• Ensure all of your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date and in-synch. If you are running The Events Calendar 2.0.11 for example then you must also run Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11
    • Deactivate all other plugins; if you have been using a caching pluign please clear the cache immediately before deactivating
    • Revert to a default and completely unmodified theme such as Twenty Twelve
    • Now test to see if the problem still exists
    • If that resolves the problem, please reactivate everything one-at-a-time until the problem returns – and take note of the last item you re-enabled before the problem returned

If you could run through those steps and let me know the outcome that would be great.

Andrew
    Participant

Please see my original post where I said: “And yes, I have deactivated every single plugin and switched to twentyten, twentyeleven and twentytwelve. It doesn’t work.”

Barry

Thanks Andrew, there were some further steps in there – for instance are you/were you using a caching plugin and did you ensure the cache was cleared before deactivating it?

Can you also confirm that all of your Modern Tribe plugins are up to date and in synch?

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Barry. There is no caching plugin, and the Modern Tribe plugin in use is the current version of The Events Calendar (2.0.11).

Barry

Thanks for confirming: if you create a new event, again set in the future, does the same problem occur?

Andrew
    Participant

Yes. I have tried it numerous times and it always happens (when editing, as described above).

Barry

OK – I ask primarily because clicking through to either this or this event does not seem to result in the same problem?

If you now edit and save your test event will the same issue affect that event also?

Andrew
    Participant

Okay, there is clearly no pattern here as the Pace and Narrative Drive event you linked to above was also showing as event passed previously, but now is not.

Barry

Interesting; and do you have time to create and edit a further test event to see if the issue can be replicated that way?

Andrew
    Participant

Yes. I’ve just done that. I created “Tribe Test Event” and it displayed correctly. I then edited the event…and it is displaying incorrectly as Passed again.

See here: http://www.nicolamorgan.com/my-events/ – the event is correctly listed, but clicking on it takes you to the Venue page showing the Passed notice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Events showing as passed when they are not’ is closed to new replies.