Events showing after event start in event listing page

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Events showing after event start in event listing page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sean
    Participant

The events start date and time today 8:00 am and end date and time tomorrow 8:00 am, This event will not show in events list page when the date and time cross today 8:00 am but its showing.

Cliff

Hi, Sean.

Would you be able to share an annotated screenshot, screen capture video, and/or relevant URLs to clarify exactly what’s happening here?

Sean
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thank you. I see you’re on localhost so you can’t share a link for me to click around for myself.

Can you confirm if this is an accurate description of the problem: if an event goes from 7:15pm on Sept 20 and ends at 9:30pm the next day on Sept 21, then the event will display properly in Photo View but will not display at all in List View.

Sean
    Participant

if an event goes from 7:15pm on Sept 20 and ends at 9:30pm the next day on Sept 21, This event show in the list till 7:14pm on Sept 20 not then after.

I could not understand what you mean by photo view.

Cliff

The screenshot you sent looks like Photo View.

Here’s what it looks like on our demo site: http://wpshindig.com/events/photo/

And here’s what our List View looks like: http://wpshindig.com/events/list/

In trying to recreate your issue, I created a new event that started 7 minutes from now. Then I went to List View and it was there (as you’d expect because it hadn’t started yet): https://cl.ly/2Y032d221K3V

I was going to wait 7-8 minutes for the event to start to see if it was no longer displayed but then I saw the Hawaiian King Hotel event from my screenshot already demonstrates that events do stay there after their start time, which is what you’re wanting to happen.

And here’s a screenshot demonstrating Photo View doing the same: https://cl.ly/2z1A1O2Q2w2p

Therefore, since this isn’t currently a known issue, I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Events showing after event start in event listing page’ is closed to new replies.